cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Used Class a motorhomes

yrusoslo
Explorer
Explorer
Hello, I'm will be looking for my first. It will have to be about 5-10 yro. Is there a part of the country that will have better deals then others? Thanks.
21 REPLIES 21

dcbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Hi yrusoslo, I am sending you a PM. David

Edouard
Explorer
Explorer
You did not mention if you looking for gas or diesel power class A.

We acquired our gas coach in my signature in Az in 2010, with only
6600 miles, but we are now looking to downsize, it has 24,000 miles
today, used mainly in Florida over the winter, never saw snow.

Plans change, we are now looking to move to Fl and pickup a 25foot
sprinter based class C.
Eugene & Stella

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
randco wrote:
You might want to check out this place

I have that 02 Travel Supreme in my favorites for almost two years now.
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

randco
Explorer
Explorer
You might want to check out this place

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Try Cranky Ape.....Dennis

Cranky Ape Repo RVs
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

That place in SC is KarolinaKoaches, Piedmont, SC. Check them on the web as I see they have a couple of good deals there right now. I know several people who have bought there and none were disappointed.....I myself looked at one there but didn't buy it as it was plenty cheap but just a tad over my budget at the time

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
No one mentioned this but I would look at www.DeMartini.com on the net. they had two stores one in the east and one out west. They have web specials, and they have if you don't like there price make an offer! They have a huge inventory of used coaches!

LVJ58
Explorer
Explorer
yrusoslo wrote:
Hello, I'm will be looking for my first. It will have to be about 5-10 yro. Is there a part of the country that will have better deals then others? Thanks.

You might find something on this site if you haven't checked it out already:

http://www.rvonline.com/

Good luck with your search...:)
Jim & Sherry Seward
Las Vegas, NV
2000 Residency 3790 V-10 w/tags & Banks System
2003 Suzuki XL/7 toad

hipower
Explorer
Explorer
GGeorge wrote:
Mr Hipower,

I live in Marietta Ohio on I-77 @ the WV/OH border. Where is Western PA? That is a big area, you indicated "Local", where is local? I have a dealer who may travel to find what I am looking for.

George I don't see any mention of local in my post, but the closest auction to you that I have seen RV's going through is the one at Butler, PA. It is actually closer to Zelienople than Butler, just off of I-79 and rt 19. The others I have seen recently are in Lock Haven and Mechanicsburg, obviously considerably further from you, but still close enough if your dealer could determine ahead of time that something of interest was coming through the line.

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
ferndaleflyer wrote:
You may be in it----check NC -- SC Craigs list because some really good deals come up there pretty often----even right where you live. The deals are with private owners but there is one dealer in SC that always has some good deals on repos Piedmont is maybe the name.
Would that be Porter's RV Sales? They are south of Greenville on I85. Bought my coach from them. Was a repo out of Flordia. No problems with the sale. Spent many hours in, on and under the coach checking everything without them looking over my shoulder. The price was very fair and under what I found searching nation wide for the same make, model and year.
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

GGeorge
Explorer
Explorer
Mr Hipower,

I live in Marietta Ohio on I-77 @ the WV/OH border. Where is Western PA? That is a big area, you indicated "Local", where is local? I have a dealer who may travel to find what I am looking for.
GGeorge
Marietta, Ohio
2014 Coachmen Encounter
2010 Jeep Liberty

hipower
Explorer
Explorer
We see RV's going through the dealer auctions frequently here in Central and Western PA. Yes you have to be a licensed dealer at those. Frequently we see a dealer who has a customer with them who is looking for an RV who will buy it for them while they are with him for a flat finders fee of $500-1,000 for their time and doing the paperwork, etc.

There are some public auctions also.

GGeorge
Explorer
Explorer
I keep reading about the RV auctions. Who has them, where are they? do you have to be a dealer to bid? Any info would be appreciated.

G George
GGeorge
Marietta, Ohio
2014 Coachmen Encounter
2010 Jeep Liberty

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
timmac wrote:
I have been looking for the past 2 weeks and found Motorhomes in the South Eastern states and Texas area seem to be about $10-15,000 less than here in the Western states, can't seem to figure out why, here in Vegas its all expensive.

Hurricanes cause floods. RV dealers have too many coaches to be able to move them all out of danger. An RV that has been in a flood isn't worth as much as one that's been through an earthquake...just sayin...I realize that's a pretty broad brush....Dennis

To the OP...try Texas..PPL in Houston is good and there's tons of other units in New Braunfels, Tx...seems like a lot of repos find their way to that part of Texas. Try Mesa Az too...AutoBoss is one and Desert Autoplex is another. They both deal a lot with repos and have excellent prices....happy hunting....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG