cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Valve stem extension stabilizers

bsimonds
Explorer
Explorer
Are any of you using these? Do they reduce valve stem extension leaks especially when using TPMS sensors?
Bill Simonds
'99 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom
330HP "Yellow" motor
'94 K5 Blazer 4X4 toad
6 REPLIES 6

bsimonds
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the responses. I had never heard of these until the tire guy that found the leak in my extension said I should use them but didn't have any to sell me.
Bill
Bill Simonds
'99 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom
330HP "Yellow" motor
'94 K5 Blazer 4X4 toad

Laman
Explorer
Explorer
Well those rubber holders have worked for 12,000 miles on my wheels with 4 inch extensions and TST sensors in place. They were recommended by the tire shop who put the new tires on my coach when I bought it.
1998 American Eagle 40' EVS, 2011 Ford Edge, Falcon 2 tow bar
DW and 2 DD's

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.....Those are for coaches that are using one piece stems (no extensions). They won't do anything for your extensions. Your extensions should be bolted to the center hub.

I disliked the look of the extensions on my 22.5 Accurides, plus they made it hard to polish the rims. My extensions never leaked, but I replaced them with a long valve stem. I see people recommending the "Dually Stem" which I think are over a $100.00 dollars a pair. You have to be crazy to pay that. I went to a local tire store who had 8" valves that fit my rims for $11.00. I later found them online for $8.00.

I didn't like the looks of the plugs you posted either, so here is what I did to support my long stems. I made a support for the stem out of a piece of thin aluminum. I mounted it over the studs between the inner and out duals. This is the template:

This is what it looks like installed:

On the outer wheel, I just turned the original metal stem around, but wish now that it would have been replaced with just a short straight stem:

Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

FIRE_UP
Explorer
Explorer
Well,

They've been in our Accuride wheels, both front and rear since we purchased the coach. Haven't had any issues with them. But, we don't have any TPMS so, can't help with that part of an answer.
Scott
Scott and Karla
SDFD RETIRED
2004 Itasca Horizon, 36GD Slate Blue 330 CAT
2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab 4x4 Toad
2008 Caliente Red LVL II GL 1800 Goldwing
KI60ND

CarlGeo
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, those should be used to stablize the long valve stems for the inside dual tires.
NO, do not use them with EXTENSIONS. I would not recommend using any extensions, but use ONLY Dually Valve stems, one piece stems.

phnguyk
Explorer
Explorer
Looks interesting, however I haven't had any leaks yet (knock on wood) using the riveted L brackets that came with mine.