cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

washing machine seems to run on too much hot

cpoo
Explorer
Explorer
I have a washing machine for the first time. Stackable washer and dryer-vented. Never figured we needed one and wow do we like it now. We are learning to use it. It seems to really run hotter water than our settings call for. I have checked the valves and both are open. I could have a faulty mixer on the machine. From my reading these machines seem to run warmer as that gets the most out of the detergent. We ran a load on the "tap water" setting and it stilled seemed warm. So I am going to turn off the hot water hose valve. Set the temperature setting to cold and do a load. Is there a problem with that? I know which valve is hot and cold. I don't know however if the hoses from the valve to the machine are connected accurately. So if the load with cold only is hot then they must be reversed and knowing that presents some options which I will explore if I need to starting with finding the input point to the machine which I suspect is not easy.
Bob
2 REPLIES 2

stubblejumper
Explorer
Explorer
Set to cold water setting and use cold water detergents, Tide etc. They wash just as clean and will cut your costs. In Costa Rica (also available in Canada and US for camps etc)the washers only come with cold water setting. Don't even have a hot water connection.
1999 Winnebego Chieftain
Wayne & Leila and Teddi (the Kid in the brown fuzzy pyjamas)

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

kimbo1
Explorer
Explorer
hot water heaters in rv's are set hotter 20/25deg. than B/S. because they are small!