cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Water Drip

kemer
Explorer
Explorer
We have a new(bought in April), 2014 Winnebago Sightseer 35G. I've begun getting a water drip from under the coach when hooked to city water. I use a regulator. Depending on how level the coach is, the water is noticable from different areas. Mostly right around the rear tires on driver side. At one time, the coach was leaning a bit towards passenger side and we had some water leaking onto the bathroom floor. Looked under bath and kitchen sinks, didn't see any sign of water. I doubt a hose is broke because I'd think there'd be a gusher somewhere. Suggestions welcomed.....THANKS
7 REPLIES 7

olfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
Should still be under warranty, better have it checked out while it still is and before it rots something!
Ed & Ruby & the 2 cats
2001 Winnebago Brave 30W
7.4 gas Work Horse Chassis
99 Jeep Grand Cherokee

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
Same problem if you switch to water pump? If you have leak in water system when on water pump the water pump will occasionally cycle as the water pressure drops. If no problem when using water pump then I would focus on the shore water inlet - on my rig you can remove some screws and remove the device and check the related hoses.
Kevin

path1
Explorer
Explorer
Leak could be anywhere there is a water line. We had a tiny leak on the supply line to hot water heater and didn't notice and did a lot of damage before we found out it was leaking. Also last time we used city water connection many years ago. Don't use city water connection anymore at all. We work off from self contained, your pump should sing to you when it's pushing water. If it sings an no water on, guess what? Pump is pushing water somewhere. From weak diaphragm in water pump to loose connection that only needs a turn to stop water leak.
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
You could have a crack in one of your drain lines, especially if you have water in a slide area like a kitchen bump out.

Mortimer_Brewst
Explorer II
Explorer II
Assuming you are under warranty still, I would let the dealer find the leak. Leaks can be tough to locate, as the water can travel quite a ways along the undercarriage of the trailer. If you do it yourself, I would start by the inlet and follow the hose. In any case, don't put it off. Good hunting!
If ethics are poor at the top, that behavior is copied down through the organization - Robert Noyce

2018 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2019 Coachmen Chaparral 298RLS

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
How full is your fresh water tank?
Is it overflowing?

Hooked to city water......
If you have a 'water panel' with switches/valves check that 'fill' switch/valve is fully closed. If leaks thru goes directly to fresh water tank

Also...water pump internal check valve can leak....allows city water to backflow thru pump to fresh water tank.

IF fresh water tank is FULL turn off city water and use pump. That can clear pump internals and may be check valve will close properly
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
You (or your dealer) really need to find that leak before it rots/delaminates the wet area.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/