cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Water leak in front corners of above cab sleeper

Planedenn
Explorer
Explorer
Probably one of the most common issues of class c rv's. We brought ours out of indoor storage and after giving it a good cleaning my wife noticed the bottom of the mattress ( leather ) has a few mold stains. After a good look, as in a 3 hour thunderstorm, we found where the water was collecting so yesterday I was off to the rv store and bought the supplies needed. Resealed the roof seams and one of the windows. It was getting late and felt a few drops and the sealant tube was empty so I figured I would finish it today. So here we go, it's been raining all day and the side with the resealed window is all dry. Just have to wait for a a few days of sun to dry it out and finish what I started.
3 REPLIES 3

Planedenn
Explorer
Explorer
Wrong panic attack. Thought one corner was still leaking but it's not. Looks like I got it all. But, not before checking the outside and inside. Checked all the clearance lights, seams, screws and windows. Went back inside and took the mattress out of the way and started taking the windows out. I didn't take them all out since I was alone and didn't feel like dropping them but took most of the screws out so I could move the frame out and look at the wood to see it was all dry.
I was looking at residual dampness from yesterday. After the rain we had the other night there was no way it could dry that quick it was just a little damp and with the rain we had today there would have been more. But I have a fan blowing on it to dry it out.

johnnyrv
Explorer
Explorer
Saw a new four winds with water stains inside the cab bed ceiling. I like the one piece cap of the jayco better.

BuckBarker
Explorer
Explorer
Close that rig up tight and run a dehumidifier and fans to get it dried out quickly.