cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

windshield leak

cac43
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 30' 2009 class C Winnebago access/chalet on a Ford 450 chasis. Twice in the last year I have driven through torrential rains with the windshield wipers on high. this results in a moderate leak/drip on my hands at the steering wheel. The leak is coming from the area at the top of the drivers side of the windshield and fabric around it.
I took it to a auto windshield repair shop and could not find a leak anywhere.
Has anyone else had a similar problem? Thanks. chuck
5 REPLIES 5

cac43
Explorer
Explorer
I AM a procrastinator.. I think I found the water leak around one of the yellow travel Lights?? on the front of the extended loft over the cab. now I'm confused about what kind of calk to use. silicone?? self leveling or not, any answers would be appreciated. thanks

Handbasket
Explorer
Explorer
If I'm reading it right, it's coming from the fabric at the top of the windshield (in addition to lower down)? I'd be suspecting a leak at the cab to cabover junction or in the cabover itself (corners, clearance lights, windows).

Jim, "Mo' coffee!"
'06 Tiger CX 'C Minus' on a Silverado 2500HD 4x4, 8.1 & Allison (aka 'Loafer's Glory')

Hank85713
Explorer
Explorer
My 2011 was recalled for a windshield issue. Prior to taking it in I rinsed the veh off and found water running a little down the inside of the windshield. Told them about ti and they said 'could be from the roof!". Anyhow when they looked it was a leak around the windshield, they had to reseal under warranty. I just ran the water over the front of the veh at the juction of the fiberglass top and the roof line.

cac43
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the reply. I have tried squirting a hose at the cab over junction and also tried flooding the windshield with hose water and using the wipers a high speed. cant really find the leak from the inside of the cab. Is there a better way? thanks again. chuck

Home_Skillet
Explorer II
Explorer II
The windshield may not be leaking. The leak could be at the cab over and draining down.
2005 Gulf Stream Conquest 31ft
BigFoot Levelers,TST in tire TPMS,Bilstein Shocks,Trans temp guage,Lowrace iWAY