cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

water leak or gush

suesprize
Explorer
Explorer
Hooked class c fleetwood up to city water for the first time this year and in a minute water was pouring out underneath rv and around shower floor inside the rv have no idea where to start. The shower stall is the only item there toilet and sink are across hall. I dont think the water was making into the shower pipes because I thought one might have been turned on at first but the water was at kitchen and bath sinks
9 REPLIES 9

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have a combined City Water (Shore Tie) and Tank Fill connection on Driver side. Then inside a valve that diverts City Water (again the only water supply connection) to the Tank to fill it.

The Fresh Water Tank sits crosswise below the floor, just about over the rear axle. Owner's manual says it'll be under a Cabinet or Sofa... It fills from the Driver Side and the Overflow is on the Top of the Tank, under the Shower Pan. Then a little bent hose directs the overflow under the coach, on the passenger side, but not directed out to where it's easily seen.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
j-d wrote:
Welcome, Sue! Stick around...

Glad you were able to fix it. Esp. that quickly and easily. Our tank overflow is under the shower too. If something were wrong at that connection it'd leak onto the floor as well as onto the ground like it's supposed to.
Hmmm, I thought they were all like mine, the overflow is right next to the tank fill. :h
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
Welcome, Sue! Stick around...

Glad you were able to fix it. Esp. that quickly and easily. Our tank overflow is under the shower too. If something were wrong at that connection it'd leak onto the floor as well as onto the ground like it's supposed to.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

suesprize
Explorer
Explorer
Want to thank you very much loose fitting at shower THANK YOU!!

suesprize
Explorer
Explorer
ok there is metal plate under and a panel in bedroom wall behind shower will check both thank you I inherited this from my mother so not too sure of the winterized job the water wasnt at city inlet it was at opposite side and water stayed in shower area thank you

cyntdon2010
Explorer
Explorer
newman fulltimer wrote:
eaither you have a loose fitting at your shower or it froze and cracked at the inlet

X2
look on the wall outside the bathroom wall for a removable panel. also beneath the camper for a removable opening
2010 lacrosse T.T 318 bhs 34 ft,blue ox-tow bar,2005 FORD F-150 larait super crew,Firestone ready rite-air bags lift kit

newman_fulltime
Explorer II
Explorer II
eaither you have a loose fitting at your shower or it froze and cracked at the inlet

All58Parks
Explorer
Explorer
I wouldn't think the tank overflow would come out inside the rig!

It sounds to me like you may have a pipe that froze and broke last winter, probably going into the bath/shower valve. There may be some type of a removable panel that gets access to that plumbing, there has been on my previous three trailers. I would look for that and check for broken fittings.
2014 Wildcat Maxx 26bhs
2014 Ford F-150 Lariat Supercrew

Oldme
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like you may have hooked up to the "tank fill" and
you have water coming from the overflow.

If you are connected to the "city water inlet"
then most-likely you have a a bad line connection at
the "city water connection" inlet.

Take the 3 screws loose and pull the connector away form
the side. You should see the plastic line connected to the
back. Check for tightness.

Try turning on the city water again before replacing so
you can see the connection. That way you will know if it
is leaking.