cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water leak

ROYBUCK
Explorer
Explorer
This a shot in the dark. Someone would need to have a MH like mine to be able to know what I am taking about. I have a leak in the back bed room under the bottom drawer next to the closet. If you are standing at the foot of the bed it is on the left side up next to the head of the bed under the bottom drawer. I have done every thing I know to do caulked the top and every place I know to caulk. Are they any thing under the carpet in that section that has a water line or something, I have used a hair dryer I cannot get it dry a spot about 6" square. I think tomorrow I will cut the carpet and see what is under there, I don't think it is coming in from the outside. Sorry for the long post. Appreciate all suggestions Thanks Roy
Roy B Coal Miners Son
USMC Ret
Semper Fi
13 REPLIES 13

ROYBUCK
Explorer
Explorer
That is where the leak is, I ran a tube down the drain to make sure the drain was not stopped up, there is a drain there for when the rain comes in through the lovers, I have also covered the lovers with plastic so no water can get in. This is the first day that I have been able to get the spot completely dry. Question The Humidity has been bad this winter under the MH, it is parked on a cement pad, this is the first time I have noticed it, it would be wet under the MH when it had not rained, was wondering if the Humidity would have anything to do with it, the protection back there is not like the rest of the MH, like I said this is the first day I have been able to get it dry, no wetness under the MH today. Sorry about the long post. Roy
Roy B Coal Miners Son
USMC Ret
Semper Fi

John_Wayne
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think your air intake for the engine is in that corner take a look at the bottom of the air intake as I recall others have had a leak in that area.
John & Carol Life members
01 31'Sea View single slide, F53 V-10 with 134,000 miles and counting.
2012 Jeep Liberty Smi brake system
Security by Bentley
God Bless

KF6HCH

ROYBUCK
Explorer
Explorer
The water tank is forward of the leak, in the compartment with the water pump. But the unit is winterized no water in the tank or any where else, I don't see where any water lines would run in this area, I called a dealer in Wilmington NC this morning that have a pressurized system to check for leaks, $115.00 not bad, but I am sure by the time they get through it will be more about 2 hr drive from here. Thanks to all Roy
Roy B Coal Miners Son
USMC Ret
Semper Fi

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
As ksg said. Turn on the water pump and listen for random short cycles. It often indicates a very slow leak in the plumbing. It's common for the crimp connectors to leak after a few years or more.

Do not have the shore water connected while checking this. After that, shut off the water pump and relieve the pressure by opening a faucet, now dry the carpet and see if it continues to get wet. If it gets wet, you most likely have an exterior leak.

Where is your water tank located?

Tinstar
Explorer
Explorer
I had a "leak" at the same place in mine. It was right at the corner where my closet and b/r door meet. I pulled the drawers from under the closet and found some water standing/running over the top of the plastic carpet cover under those drawers. I followed it and found a small leak in the water valve that goes to my ULine ice maker. The ice maker was about 6 or so feet from where the water appeared. It stumped me when I found it because I knew there should be no water lines back there.
:CNever pass up a chance to go somewhere:C

tkcas01
Explorer
Explorer
ksg5000 wrote:
You can eliminate internal water line leak by disconnecting from shore water and keep the water pump on ... if it occasionally cycles on you have a leak in the water system (outside shower, fitting etc).
If it's not a leak in the plumbing system then have the rig pressure tested - only cost about $100 or so - life short and leaks are tough to find. Just my 02.

This is a good recommendation. I had a spot at the head of the bed where the carpet was getting wet and thought it was the slide leaking. Turns out it was the water line connector on the tub/shower. The water was just running forward along the wall and eventually got the carpet wet.

Is the head of your bed in the slide? Mine is and along the floor against the wall is carpeted trim that just has a couple of screws holding it in place. They were hidden in the carpet, but if you find them you can remove them. For me, under there were water lines, the shower drain and the propane line to the water heater. That was interesting to find, but not where the problem was!
Roaming Full Timer

cmarq
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know how yours is built but my 2003 Pace Arrow 37 ft had a leak in the bedroom similar to what you describe. I checked every where roof slide seals etc, No water lines anywhere near the leak. I had a trim strip running down the side of the coach right where the side walls and floor meet. It had the standard caulk behind it and being 10 years old it was not in good shape. My RV repair shop said to remove the strip would bend and crimp it. It was painted to match the paint body stripes. We were going to get a heavy rain so on a hunch I put duct tape over the trim strip and no leak. (don't leave tape on too long) I don't use silicone but found a clear sealer at Lowes that sticks even when damp. I masked the strip and body used a caulk gun and mineral sprits to smooth. I took several hours to do the whole side but looked good. Two years later still no leak.

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Your floor probably is made up of a sandwich type construction. This has waferboard or a plywood wooden top with a core of foam for insulation. If this foam has become saturated with water, either from an internal water leak or from water being thrown up when driving in the rain. this saturated foam will continue to wick water in to your carpet until it finally dries. I would suspect that it has already destroyed the top wooden layer.

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
As stated turn off shore water and your pump. Hook up air to the water inlet about 40 lbs. you can put a shut off valve inline with a gauge down stream from tank and shut off , If you loose pressure then maybe you can hear it. If Pex you can go up to 60 lbs plus depending on temp and retest.

ROYBUCK
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know where any water would be it has been winterized, and it is not close to the outside shower, I just can't understand why I can't get it dry I leave a fan on it all day and used a hair dryer. Roy
Roy B Coal Miners Son
USMC Ret
Semper Fi

bsinmich
Explorer
Explorer
I know it was not a class A but my '89 Jamboree dripped on me in the driver seat. The leak was actually at the rear of the coach on the roof and the water travelled inside that far. You have to check the whole roof.
1999 Damon Challenger 310 Ford

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
You can eliminate internal water line leak by disconnecting from shore water and keep the water pump on ... if it occasionally cycles on you have a leak in the water system (outside shower, fitting etc).
If it's not a leak in the plumbing system then have the rig pressure tested - only cost about $100 or so - life short and leaks are tough to find. Just my 02.
Kevin

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Do you have an outside shower in that area?? Water lines to it, or from tank and pump may run nest to floor in that area.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.