cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Water leak

bsport
Explorer
Explorer
When I hook up fresh water hose ,I get a leak coming from water tank compartment. If I use water tank and turn on pump no leak and water pressure remains good.Pump only cycles when I turn on water in sink or shower. Could fresh water tank be over flowing ?
7 REPLIES 7

fischer
Explorer
Explorer
X3 the check valve in your water pump is either got dirt in it or is bad .
2016 Winnebago 35B v10
2006 Jeep Liberty 4x4
Blue ox Tow Bar

chuckftboy
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit si right, when my check valve (in the pump) failed, after being connected to city water for several hours, my water tank would be full and water would come out of my fresh water fill.
2019 Horizon 42Q Maxum Chassis w/tag
Cummins L-9 450 HP / Allison 3000
2006 Jeep TJ and 2011 Chevy Traverse Tows

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Pump has an internal check valve....if it is not sealing then water from city water connection can backflow thru pump into fresh water tank and overfill.

Pump check valve kits are cheap and easy to replace.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

AJR
Explorer
Explorer
As I understand it on my rig is that the city water pipe is connected to the output side of the water pump. That city water pipe has a check valve someplace that prevents water from the pump going out the city water connection when it is not used. So your leak would be on the city side of that check valve. That valve may be right at the city water connector.
2007 Roadtrek 210 Popular
2015 GMC Terrain AWD

bsport
Explorer
Explorer
Can I get at the lines with out removing the tanks , and the water fill does it come apart from the outside or in tank compartment? I know, I sound dumb but trying to remove the fitting is something else

GENECOP
Explorer II
Explorer II
Could be, but more likely leak is in the line that leads from the street connection to the FWT....or anywhere in that line, the water will travel and drop at the lowest point.....

Chopperbob
Explorer
Explorer
Mine did this ended up replacing
the pump and
Replumbing the city water valve.
This is on a Safari Trek.
Bob