cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water Pump Issue

cccougar
Explorer
Explorer
Today, I tried to winterize after returning from Fla and my pump will not stop priming. I have the settings set to winterize, yet when the pump is turned on, no suction is happening with the antifreeze and all you hear is the pump. I moved the settings to when we dry camp and turn the pump on- you hear it run but never turn off. Any ideas? I have a 2009 Jayco Greyhawk Sport.
5 REPLIES 5

Bordercollie
Explorer
Explorer
Make sure that the "low drain" valves are fully closed.

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
You did remember to turn the 3 way valve to the antifreeze side, didn't you? I did that this year and wondered why the pump wouldn't suck anything.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Figure out how to pour the pink stuff down the inlet pipe. The pump has lost its prime. I usually leave a little water in the FW tank until the pump picks up the pink stuff then drain it out.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

skipnchar
Explorer
Explorer
Has it worked previously or is this a new installation? If it's NEW then check that the valve is installed facing the correct direction. If it's backwards it won't pick up any antifreeze. If it worked previously check the hose for air leaks. See how well it picks up water from the tank and sends it to the faucet. If it works this way then reverse the valve and try again. It would seem that by isolating the valve that this may be your problem.
2011 F-150 HD Ecoboost 3.5 V6. 2550 payload, 17,100 GCVWR -
2004 F-150 HD (Traded after 80,000 towing miles)
2007 Rockwood 8314SS 34' travel trailer

US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
Be sure that at least one faucet is open.