cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

We're back....

CindyLou82
Explorer
Explorer
From our first trip in the RV! 4 days, 3 nights at Fall Creek Falls. Everything went well. Learned a few things. Like how to get the dryer to work. And the fact that we needed something to keep the levelers from sinking. But overall a great trip. We hiked around 13miles. It was amazing weather as well. During the day it was mid-to-high 70s and at night it dropped to the low 40s. We didn't use the AC hardly at all and only used the heat in the early morning hours. RVing is the only way to camp! I took lots of pictures of the falls. So beautiful. If you haven't been, I highly recommend it. I can also let you know which campsite to book as well.
1991 American Eagle Diesel Pusher, 38ft
Racing: 1970 Chevy Camaro and 1990 Chevy Camaro, small block Chevies
Pulling: Electric Golf Cart or 2003 VW Bug, TDI
Mommy of 2 girls, 1/16/10 and 3/21/11
14 REPLIES 14

nodine
Explorer
Explorer
CindyLou82 wrote:
nodine wrote:
CindyLou82 wrote:
Blog has been updated! Photos are on there now.

Cindy,

Is that the Fall Creek Falls State Park near Crossville, TN? The photos look like it is but I did not see any mention of the location. We live near Knoxville TN and have spent the last week in Nashville and Crossville. Glad you had a good first time experience and wish you many more. My wife and I did not purchase an RV until all our children were grown up and have said many times we wish we had when they were young. Good to see young folks getting into it early and creating memories with their children.

Bob

It is the Fall Creek Falls state park near Crossville. We are just south of Knoxville in Loudon County. We loved it. Our girls are 2 and 3. We worked really hard in our early to mid 20s and saved a lot of money so we could have fun toys. I look back sometimes and think what did we do as youth but then I look around and see the stability we have. We actually celebrated our 10yr wedding anniversary at the park with our girls. No better way than with the most important people in our lives. I have done a lot of research and there are so many great family vacations to have in the RV. I look at it as an investment in family time!! :B

Cindy,

I get it now. I saw the Philadelphia and assumed the one in PA and not TN. Our son lives in Lenoir City.

Bob
2022 Quantum JM31
2020 Chevy Sonic

CindyLou82
Explorer
Explorer
GraciesDaddy wrote:
At the risk of sounding like your mother, watch your beef/red meat intake on [longer?] trips. It can really mess w/yours and the girls systems. You might consider buying/making a raft of hummus [chickpeas] or babaganoush [roasted eggplant] or pesto [basil spread] and have some mini pitas or melba rounds to dip them with. Don't assume the girls won't like them... It's all in the presentation and they might surprise you!

But from the looks of things, you had a great, wonderful, relaxing first trip!! We're still searching for our coach. Have my eye on a King Aire. The specially-built storage building is just waiting for my new diesel pusher!

Thanks!! We have to be careful with a lot of foods. I have an allergy to onions and my 2yo has an egg and strawberry allergy. I try to do more poultry and everything we eat is organic. Food kinda scares me so I make a lot of stuff myself. Allergies are no fun. My food allergy is pretty bad. Just intaking dehydrated onions will cause my throat to turn raw. ๐Ÿ˜ž We do a lot of veggies too! I love to grill fruits and veggies.

CindyLou82
Explorer
Explorer
nodine wrote:
CindyLou82 wrote:

Cindy,

Is that the Fall Creek Falls State Park near Crossville, TN? The photos look like it is but I did not see any mention of the location. We live near Knoxville TN and have spent the last week in Nashville and Crossville. Glad you had a good first time experience and wish you many more. My wife and I did not purchase an RV until all our children were grown up and have said many times we wish we had when they were young. Good to see young folks getting into it early and creating memories with their children.

Bob

It is the Fall Creek Falls state park near Crossville. We are just south of Knoxville in Loudon County. We loved it. Our girls are 2 and 3. We worked really hard in our early to mid 20s and saved a lot of money so we could have fun toys. I look back sometimes and think what did we do as youth but then I look around and see the stability we have. We actually celebrated our 10yr wedding anniversary at the park with our girls. No better way than with the most important people in our lives. I have done a lot of research and there are so many great family vacations to have in the RV. I look at it as an investment in family time!! :B

nodine
Explorer
Explorer
CindyLou82 wrote:

Cindy,

Bob
2022 Quantum JM31
2020 Chevy Sonic

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer
We've been motorhomeing for at least 25 years, the last 12 year for at least half the year. Hasn't been a year that we didn't learn something! Some times we learned somethings all over again! :S

GraciesDaddy
Explorer
Explorer
At the risk of sounding like your mother, watch your beef/red meat intake on [longer?] trips. It can really mess w/yours and the girls systems. You might consider buying/making a raft of hummus [chickpeas] or babaganoush [roasted eggplant] or pesto [basil spread] and have some mini pitas or melba rounds to dip them with. Don't assume the girls won't like them... It's all in the presentation and they might surprise you!

But from the looks of things, you had a great, wonderful, relaxing first trip!! We're still searching for our coach. Have my eye on a King Aire. The specially-built storage building is just waiting for my new diesel pusher!
Watch your tail swing... Keep the greasy side down and keep it 'tweeeeeeeeen the ditches, Y'all!

John E. Baker, III & Sally Baker - The Traveling Siblings!
Co-pilots: Llasah Lilly, Brown Daschie Chloe and Tuxedo Foots

CindyLou82
Explorer
Explorer

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
Congrats on the glorious Maiden Voyage. Odds are you'll learn a couple more things the next time out, too. It's a funny thing, but every field of human endeavor worth doing, there's more to it than meets the eye. And goin' camping is worth doing!!

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
CindyLou82 wrote:
http://crawfordrvjourney.blogspot.com/2013/09/so-after-many-long-hours-spent-on.html

Clicky
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

CindyLou82
Explorer
Explorer
http://crawfordrvjourney.blogspot.com/2013/09/so-after-many-long-hours-spent-on.html

CindyLou82
Explorer
Explorer
This forum won't let me add them. I have to update my blog but they will be posted there.

2edgesword
Explorer
Explorer
No pictures, it didn't happen :).

Glad you had a good maiden voyage!

escottd
Explorer
Explorer
I use the same as Tkcas01, except mine are 2 x 10". It's good etiquette to use them on blacktop sites as well. Some blacktop gets soft in the heat and the feet on you levelers can leave marks. Motor coaching is addictive, I almost can't stand seeing mine in my driveway when I have a day off!

tkcas01
Explorer
Explorer
CindyLou82 wrote:
From our first trip in the RV! 4 days, 3 nights at Fall Creek Falls. Everything went well. Learned a few things. Like how to get the dryer to work. And the fact that we needed something to keep the levelers from sinking.

Congrats on the maiden voyage! Yep, I have dug my share of holes with my leveling jacks. I have even used 2-foot long 2x12's as pads and have sunk those in the ground! Granted, I have parked in some soft places!
Roaming Full Timer