cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We've quit

CG_Dawson
Explorer
Explorer
Well folks, after 45 years of having and enjoying an RV of one kind or another, we are without. This past Tuesday we sadly watched as some folks drove off with their new purchase. We finally decided, at 80+ years of age, that it was time! Although we still enjoy the lifestyle immensely we realized that we just cannot do the things we enjoy and have always done. I can no longer do the necessary maintenance myself and it was taking Jackie and I two or three weeks to get ready for a trip. So rather than hurt, maim or even kill one or both of us, or even worse yet do the same to someone else we mutually decided that it was time to quit. We have seen a large portion of this great country and then some, we have visited all 50 states (not all by RV) and twenty some countries, we have been truly blessed.
We wish everyone here continued health, enjoyment, a long life and God's Blessings.
Happy RV'ing!!

Greg & Jackie
2003 Bounder, 32W / Ford V10 / 2 Slides
Toad: 2004 Saturn L300, Brake Buddy
17 REPLIES 17

FULLTIMEWANABE
Explorer
Explorer
If hubby and I can continue RVing until we hit our 80's we'll feel truly blessed. You must have a lifetime of wonderful memories to draw on as you head into this new phase of your lives.

Congratulations on over half a lifetime spent RVing.
It Takes No More Effort To Aim High Than To Aim Low - Reach For The Stars

Aridon
Explorer
Explorer
Relish your memories and enjoy yourself in new ways. Never stop living until you actually do.
2019 Grand Design Momentum 395
2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4.10

2014.5 DRV Atlanta (sold)

2008 Newmar 4330 (Modified) Sold

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Very sorry to hear that, I bet you have some wonderful stories to tell!
You'll be missed around the campfire.