cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class A MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch, so I thought I would start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
5,655 REPLIES 5,655

Wingman02
Explorer
Explorer
I was going to order a Oxygenics shower head .... thought I had better go look at the color (I thought it was white = cheaper). As I was going out the door of the house ..... I saw the flag on the mail box was down. I walked to the end of the driveway and got the mail. On the way back to the MH I could tell I needed to go to the bathroom. I went in the MH, flipped the switch on for the pump, used the bathroom, flipped the switch to turn off the pump, walked back to the house. Looked at the computer and saw the shower head. I forgot to look at the color when I went to the MH!!!!!

Walked back to the MH. The existing shower head is brushed nickle (more $$$). Now where did I put the mail???
2006 Newmar Ventana 3613
2009 Taurus Toad
Wells Cargo motorcycle hauler
(2) GL1800 Goldwings
(2) Liquid Logic Kayaks
(1) Yamaha Rhino

Yankee_Clipper
Explorer
Explorer
I ordered a switch to install in the generator compartment so I can run both roof air units on shore power. This cures the real draw back to 30-amp power.
Yankee Clipper
2014 Winnebago Sightseer 33C on Ford F53 6.8l V10
2014 Honda CRV 4 down toad/Roadmaster Falcon2 with EvenBrake
TireMinder TPMS,Tiger, the Little Big Man minidachshund,
Rosey the minidachshund resident Princess-in-Chief

UltimaRV
Explorer
Explorer
Nothing - sitting in the rain (Birmingham, UK) listening to my wife complain that you cannot leave anything outside the motorhome "unattached" these days.

Someone took:
- her oversized umbrella from under the awning a few minutes ago (Caravan Club, Birmingham, UK)
- two chairs and a small table from under the awning this past weekend (Americana Festival, Newark, UK)

I am not sure what's worse: the theft, rain or her complaining ๐Ÿ™‚
Dian, Robert & Precious (taking a break - see profile)
2000 45' Featherlite 5000, tag, slide, Detroit Series 60
2006 19' Towcorp enclosed trailer w/60" tongue
2004 13' Ultima GTR (9.9 seconds standing quarter mile)

HENRY_P
Explorer
Explorer
got it out of shop having valves adjusted

TMitchell
Explorer
Explorer
The Beave wrote:
This month I rebuilt the slid out battery box. The portion where the 4 - 6 volt batteries sat had been made of 3/4" plywood and had totally rotted out. The plywood was replace with a panel cut from a 1/2" thick poly cutting board. I also isolated the + battery cable to the rig, wrapped it with wire cable wrap and suspended it with shock cord so it could not be pinched when the battery box was slid in. Also had a leaking propane tank regulator replaced.

Today I also changed the rear Differential gear oil (14 Q), spilled almost as much. That 140 weight is hard to pump. Also checked the engine coolant to see if it needed the additive. It was ideal. I also relocated the bedroom thermostat for better access.

Yesterday I flushed and changed the coolant and the coolant filter.
Today after lunch I am going to grease the chassis and see how dirty I can get.
I change all my fluids and filters on my 2004 DSDP. The biggest PIA was refilling the differential. I tried 2 different cheap hand pumps, with no luck. Finally ended up using a 1/2 pint spout with an attached hose. It took about a million trips, lifting the almost full funnel over me, to the the fill hole. It was kind of like an endurance contest. Next time I will deffinately have a proper pump.
Tom
Tom,Pat and Buster the Boston Terrier
2004 Dutch Star 3807 Spartan 370HP
Jeep Grand Cherokee

st687
Explorer
Explorer
Went to pick up the custom Red Oak lumber we had made for the new window treatments.
Doris &Bill
97 U270 Foretravel
08 Saturn Vue 3.6L
University of Parris Island March 1966
Semper Fi.:)

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
Polished 2 of the 4 Alcoa wheels. Whew, that's a lot of work!
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon

The_Beave
Explorer
Explorer
This month I rebuilt the slid out battery box. The portion where the 4 - 6 volt batteries sat had been made of 3/4" plywood and had totally rotted out. The plywood was replace with a panel cut from a 1/2" thick poly cutting board. I also isolated the + battery cable to the rig, wrapped it with wire cable wrap and suspended it with shock cord so it could not be pinched when the battery box was slid in. Also had a leaking propane tank regulator replaced.

Today I also changed the rear Differential gear oil (14 Q), spilled almost as much. That 140 weight is hard to pump. Also checked the engine coolant to see if it needed the additive. It was ideal. I also relocated the bedroom thermostat for better access.
The Beave
30' 1997 Beaver Monterey
(The shortest DP we could find)
2005 Honda CR-V
Remco surge brake

TJ_R
Explorer
Explorer
Finished installing a LCD tv in the front of the coach. Both tv's are now LCD. Quite a difference and the front one is clearly lighter than the tube tv that used to be there.

st687
Explorer
Explorer
Took our baby to the glass shop to have the creepy window seals repaired, next will be the new widow valance's installed and new woodwork on the side of each window,wood should be here next week.
Doris &Bill
97 U270 Foretravel
08 Saturn Vue 3.6L
University of Parris Island March 1966
Semper Fi.:)

TrekLawler
Explorer
Explorer
Completed the A/C change out, 13.5K BTU in the rear and 15K BTU in the front. Installed new Norcold 8.5 cubic foot refrigerator and rebuilt entry door as seal had failed and wood inside door had started to fall apart. All this is installed in a 1988 30 foot Pace Arrow that we bought as a rebuilding project last summer. This is definitely a labor of love, future plans for removing a partial side wall (that looks to have a little water damage before the roof was repaired by prior owner) behind the driver where the sleeper sofa and dining table are and constructing and installing a slide out. Getting ready to go check out current updates this coming 4th weekend at the lake here in the Kansas City area.

T. Lawler
K.C., MO.
1988 30' Pace Arrow with many mods.

UltraKen
Explorer
Explorer
I've been polishing the wheel covers.

I use a Mother's Mini-ball on my electric drill and their metal polishing liquid. Much easier than hand rubbing. Buffs up very shiny.

I also found that a Swiffer dry mop cloth does a good job wiping off the white drip marks from the roof down the sides of the coach. I just bought a new mop handle ($9 in the cleaning products aisle at the grocery) and gave the old one back to my wife for the house. :B

It doesn't do a perfect job but from a few feet away the remaining marks are invisible.
UltraKen
Ex - 1968 Ultra Van
NOW - 1996 Safari Sahara 35' - Model 3530 - Cat 300
Pictures of my Coach
A $93 Rear Camera System
My take on replacing tires
Used MH Checklist
Toad: Dodge Grand Caravan on Tow Dolly or 1981 Vespa on utility trailer

SoCal_Kevin
Explorer
Explorer
Caulked the roof, washed the entire thing, changed the water filter and the generator fuel filter. Trying to get all the little things done so we can make our first trip this weekend.
SoCal Kevin
1995 HR Navigator
M11 400 Cummins
Allison HD 4060
Ready Brute Towbar; 2000 Suburban Toad

D_R_Bain
Explorer
Explorer
Just put nearly 1000 miles on it with two trips to Ohio. First a week in Canfield than a weekend in Findlay. Drives like a dream. Although every time I stopped for gas to get from the half way mark to full it cost me $100.00. Last week gasoline was near 4.00 a gallon. This week it was below 3.00 per gallon.
Dan, 2007 Damon Daybreak 3270

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
Helped the folks pack for their trip to Sun Valley, Idaho.
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon