cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class A MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch, so I thought I would start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
5,655 REPLIES 5,655

voyRVing
Explorer
Explorer
Started digging it out from the snow banks. Just so I could sit inside of it and dream of this summer.

Mainship
Explorer
Explorer
Installed the new porcelein toilet, only took a couple of weeks.
Ripped out carpet, glue and staples, rebuilt structure hidden by carpet, two inches of open space can be hidden by carpet, but not tile and formica. Good news is new pex fitting and screw clamps work, no leaks.

Clieb
Explorer
Explorer
Went to Cedar Falls Iowa just before Christmas and hit 7 below, accumulator froze and broke, had to replace it in a snowstorm. Got by with a ceramic heater and some heat tape. Accumulator was mounted in the coldest water compartment with no insulation, little heat from the furnace and water lines resting against the thin metal bottom of the compartment.

Then in Taos NM over New Years it hit 17 below. The generator went into a fault from running constantly and while it was out everything froze again.

So Yesterday I had the Generator set serviced and everything checked out ok, it is working fine.

Put in a EC30W remote Generator starter and monitor to avoid future problems with overworking the generator and freezing when not present to restart the generator when necessary to keep the batteries up and the temp correct both cold and hot.

Moved the Accumulator up off the floor of the compartment and insulated floor and walls. Wrapped all the lines with heat tape and put in a plug with 3 outlets for using the Block heater, Heat tape, and if necessary a small ceramic heater or 150W shop light for keeping things warm.

I love dry camping summer and winter but it takes a little forethought and maintenance to keep the water running.
An RV'r is someone driving a $300,000.00 Motorhome pulling a $40,000.00 car and looking for a free place to park.
2002 Itasca Horizon 36'
2009 Buick Enclave

vmckague
Explorer
Explorer
In the last 3 days added an extend-a-stay, thanks to you guys, replaced the carbon monoxide detector and propane detector and added another smoke alarm and another carbon monoxide detector. Exercised the generator and a few other little things. Now if it just wasn't to cold to go anywhere. Oh well....

AZPops
Explorer
Explorer
Fill the LP tank....

Pops

SRT
Explorer
Explorer
Started chipping at the pile of solidified snow in front of the MH garage people door. Seems the rain last week caused the snow to slide off the roof. Then, of course, the temps dropped from 36ยฐ F to 10ยฐ F. Gonna be a long winter.....:R

ctpres
Explorer
Explorer
Put unfinished projects material in box, moped floor, put tools away and started cleaning up for Monday departure. Seeking warmer weather of RGV. Six hour drive SW gets us 10 degree temp increase.
A "Retired" Mind is a Terrible Thing to Waste
Chuck USNR, USAF & USCGA and Suzie
Challenger Owners Club

2015 Thor Challenger 37KT
2014 Ford Fiesta
2011 Sea Eagle 385 FT kayak
2009 Polaris RZR
2014 Zenetto Stealth road bike

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer
bigred1cav wrote:
Canadian Rainbirds wrote:
The upholsterers returned yesterday with our newly re-upholstered dinette cushions and trim. Now we don't have to sit on folding chairs! The couch was done a few weeks ago.

Marine exterior grade vinyl, in colour a very close match to the captain and co-pilot chairs.

10,500 pesos, $875 Canadian. ๐Ÿ™‚

So if it was $800 Canadian, I should expect it to cost me $35.00 US? LOL

Canadian dollar closed today at $1.0015 US. So There! Nyeaaa! ๐Ÿ˜›

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
ctpres wrote:
pohlcat wrote:
what was the brand name of folding cup holders? I'm only finding cheapos around here

Sorry but already tossed package if there even was one. Got these on EBay and they look exactly like the Camco 4404x (last digit is color.) They seem to be quite sturdy.

I bought a substantial folding holder from Mercedes works fine. Attached it to door with massive amounts of velcro.

HSIKES
Explorer
Explorer
Put off the long dreaded repair, but finally bit the bullet and started.:@

Like most of us, I have a micro/convection oven that has the reversed blower. Cook something and the fan exhaust is put back into the MH. Well SUMMER IS COMING,(got to think positive :h),and I started. Not really sure what I was going to do or how I was going to do it, but I'm a typical male.

Started disassembling the cabinets that hold this monster in place. Actually it was simple once I got a flashlight and started looking. The Microwave was held in place by three straps and a back bracket. Word of wisdom, GET HELP, this thing is bulky and heavy. Once Out, off to Lowe's to find the exhaust ducts.

Found a soffite vent that is spring loaded. Round about 9" in diameter ($7.95)so it should look ok. Only problem it is white plastic. A can of plastic spray paint will fix this.

Now to find a 6" hole saw. Make a baffle and take some pictures. I'll post these (will need some help, don't know how) in the DIY section. I also will take some of my front tool box and the plumbing modifications.

Horace
Horace & Bobbi
DRAKE - Yellow Lab (rescue dog)
2005 Fleetwood Providence 39 L; 4 slides; 350 Cat
2000 Saturn LW TOAD
2009 Buick Enclave CLX 2

Preach the gospel at all times. And if necessary.....use words.

ctpres
Explorer
Explorer
pohlcat wrote:
what was the brand name of folding cup holders? I'm only finding cheapos around here

Sorry but already tossed package if there even was one. Got these on EBay and they look exactly like the Camco 4404x (last digit is color.) They seem to be quite sturdy.
Challenger Owners Club

2014 Ford Fiesta
2009 Polaris RZR

ctpres
Explorer
Explorer
Backed her into newly remodeled RV port. She fit nicely with two inches to spare on overhead clearance.
Challenger Owners Club

2014 Ford Fiesta
2009 Polaris RZR

krichmond96coac
Explorer
Explorer
Installed a new lighted assist handle. Rebuilt one of the basement doors. Ordered new furniture from www.discountvantruck.com I ordered a L-shaped couch, regular couch, captain chair, and dinnette lounge all total spent $5,550 with the new floor I should be just under $6,000. I can't wait install and post pics.

roneely42
Explorer
Explorer
The snow melted over the weekend, so I started her up, backed her out of the drive and backed her in so she is pointing out, ready to roll. I let her run for about 15 minutes and ran the gen for about the same amount of time. Leaving for the south on Jan 13. Happy new Rving year to all. Ron

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
Canadian Rainbirds wrote:
The upholsterers returned yesterday with our newly re-upholstered dinette cushions and trim. Now we don't have to sit on folding chairs! The couch was done a few weeks ago.

Marine exterior grade vinyl, in colour a very close match to the captain and co-pilot chairs.

10,500 pesos, $875 Canadian. ๐Ÿ™‚

So if it was $800 Canadian, I should expect it to cost me $35.00 US? LOL