cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class A MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch, so I thought I would start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
5,655 REPLIES 5,655

blackf3504dr
Explorer
Explorer
A while ago I replaced the failed RV fridge for a residential fridge. aside from making the opening a little taller it fit well, however the height (it set above a storage cupboard) made it difficult for the wife to get anything out of the freezer so... I moved the cupboard that was below the fridge to above the fridge, built a platform for the fridge to set on and relocated it to floor level. It not only works better for the wife it also looks better (more in line with normal home installation.
Mom , Dad , Scooter & K.C ( killer cat )
'96 F350 4dr. Dually, 7.3 5sp.
'92 Holiday Rambler 34'
REAL TRUCKS DON'T HAVE SPARKPLUGS !

roads_to_travel
Explorer
Explorer
Went to town bought new cookware set and vaccum for the motorhome. Started packing for our trip to the Oregon coast in 1 1/2 weeks. Two weeks of being beach bums.

YC_1
Nomad
Nomad
I always wondered why they didn't light our entry handle. I am glad I decided to do this because I found water trapped behind the top part and it made the fiberglass bubble. With tiny weep holes now that won't happen again. It turned out to be a very easy mod. I already had a bag of led lights and changed the porch light out to led at the same time.

I removed the handle and drilled out the bottom hole with a stepper bit. The led was a standard 1 pin type bulb that replaces the standard automotive bulb. Like a 1157 or such. I soldered a wire lead to it and then used some plumbers goop to hold the bulb snugly in place. A small hole was drilled right through the side into the passenger arm rest area where finding power and ground was easy.

The job was so easy I took the little eye type lights that light up the steps out, popped the bulbs out of them, drilled the back plastic with my stepper bit and glued the same bulbs to them. Nice crisp light and very little current draw.

Here are some pictures. I didn't take one after dark with it lit up so I will add that tonight.

H/R Endeavor 2008
Ford F150 toad >Full Timers
Certified Senior Electronic Technician, Telecommunications Engineer, Telecommunications repair Service Center Owner, Original owner HR 2008

FocalPoint
Explorer
Explorer
I did the Red Max Pro 3 to the front cap of my 2000 Harney Coach Works, Riata this morning. It took me about 4.5 hours including washing the cap and allowing a half hour dry time between each of the 4 coats. Man did it come come out nice. Very happy with it. Now time will tell how long it lasts.
2000 Harney Coach Works DP. 3126B Cat Toad 2010Honda CRV

her_I
Explorer
Explorer
roachcoach wrote:
her&I wrote:
roachcoach wrote:
Relaced my porch light with a large scare light
What is a scare light?

This is a scare light
http://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Lights/Optronics/RVSL21.html
Thank you. Ordered one today

wslawton
Explorer
Explorer
Loaded it up for a 2 week vacation from Florida to VA to Washington DC then Hershey PA. Starting out tomorrow after work with wife, 3 grandchildren and 2 dogs.

Wanderlost
Nomad II
Nomad II
Brought it home from the repair shop for the dash air conditioner circuit. Now it really, really needs a bath.
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat
Rainbow Bridge: Spotacus, Alexander the Grrreat, and so very many more

roachcoach
Explorer
Explorer
her&I wrote:
roachcoach wrote:
What is a scare light?

This is a scare light
http://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Lights/Optronics/RVSL21.html
Richard & Rachel
2006 Damon Astoria Diesel Pusher
2004 Jeep Liberty

livingaboard
Explorer
Explorer
removed the quite large dvd player built in 2001 and installed a small Vizio Bluray player from Walmart for about $110. It has built in wifi if I am near a wifi signal so that I can download movies or do other web based functions.

It is rated at 25 watts but I was measuring more like 11 watts during operation. It seems to work pretty well.

Also installed one of those pop a bag things that holds your plastic bags in one place
Dave
Everett, WA
2000 Itasca Suncruiser 35U, F53 Triton V-10
Firestone air bags with Quad control air gauge
Pressure Pro tire pressure monitor
Banks Exhaust
SuperSteer rear trac bar
Olympian Wave heaters (Wall mount and portable)

her_I
Explorer
Explorer
roachcoach wrote:
What is a scare light?

RayChez
Explorer
Explorer
kendall69 wrote:
Installed a bckup camera WITH AUDIO. Probably the best addition to th MH I have ever installed. DW can now talk to me as I back up via the back up camera. I love that I can hear direction along with seeing direction.

Yep! I think they all have audio. I use mine all the time.
2002 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser
330 HP Caterpillar 3126-E
3000 Allison Transmission
Neway Freightliner chassis
2017 Buick Envision

kendall69
Explorer
Explorer
Installed a bckup camera WITH AUDIO. Probably the best addition to th MH I have ever installed. DW can now talk to me as I back up via the back up camera. I love that I can hear direction along with seeing direction.
Owned (1) Class A (2) class C (1) truck camper looking at a Class (B)
New proud Owner of a 2014 Phoenix Cruiser 2400

Bob___Ann
Explorer
Explorer
Washed and waxed as well as replaced the engine battery. Definitely a hot day to do it but it had to be done.
Bob and Ann
Schnauzer - Della (Rainbow B 3/31/17)
Chihuahua - Lola (Rainbow B 12/26/18)
Autumn-Red Poodle
2019 Tiffin 40 IP Bus
Powerglide Chassis
Cummins 450
Onan 10,000 Watt
Four Slide/ 1.5 Bath
2021 Jeep Unlimited Sahara Toad
Demco Dominator & Airforce One

JimFromJersey
Explorer
Explorer
Wriggled down in front of the r/r tire and replaced a two-inch section of gas line that snakes through a chassis rail at the front leaf-spring mount. The other day I smelled gas strongly there, and peeking down, nearly got sprayed in the face with a couple tablespoons of $3.85/9 Sunoco Regular. The piece of rubber was cracked and leaking in three different spots. It joins two metal lines and the flexing just got to it after 23 years, I suppose.
Always remember, you're a unique individual. Just like the other 7 billion people on the planet...

zmotorsports
Explorer
Explorer
Last weekend at the dunes my Aqua-Hot went on the frits and would not reignite every couple of tries. I troubleshot it and found the ignition coil was faulty.

It showed up yesterday so I took about an hour and threw the new coil in it. This made the wife happy and now we are trying to get ready for our two week trip. This will be the longest trip we have been on. It sucks trying to get time off from work for anything over a week at a time. Mike.
2003 Monaco Dynasty/ 26' Haulmark Edge trailer
2011 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon