cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class A MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch, so I thought I would start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
5,655 REPLIES 5,655

cvbdsl
Explorer
Explorer
Finally hooked up the water to my MH for the first time.
While searching for valves, cutoffs and bypasses (I have no manuals)a bit of a panic when I found a cracked off line. Thinking about it, I determined that it was a low point drain for hot water and the break was after the valve so no big deal to replace the broken part - just a straight pipe about 12 inches straight down and out.

Figured out the bypass valve for the water pump and when I turned it found it had a hairline crack that weeps. Very hard place to reach in and am not sure yet how I can repair/replace it.

All taps inside work except the bathroom vanity hot water - after the normal sputtering and discharge of anti-freeze it slowed to only a trickle - probably a blockage in the line and I'll try to blow it out.

Outside shower leaks badly and needs more investigation.

The hot water heater works fine and the water pump works so things aren't too bad.

Chris
2008 Holiday Rambler Scepter 42 PDQ
2018 Ford Edge SEL- Ready Brute Elite Tow Bar/Blue Ox Base plate/Patriot Brake System
Retired Canadian Army WO (1971-2000)

blackf3504dr
Explorer
Explorer
Painted and wall papered the bedroom, re-glued the insulation to the underside of the dog house(engine cover)and washed the curtains.
Mom , Dad , Scooter & K.C ( killer cat )
'96 F350 4dr. Dually, 7.3 5sp.
'92 Holiday Rambler 34'
REAL TRUCKS DON'T HAVE SPARKPLUGS !

roads_to_travel
Explorer
Explorer
Traveled from Rufus OR to Hood River OR. Taking our time DH is finding he isnt as recovered as he thought he was. So staying here 2 days and than moving on to Depoe Bay OR.

dragr1
Explorer
Explorer
New belts, new fan clutch, changed engine oil, washed, cleaned inside in prep for a trip!
2014 Ram 3500 CC Longbed 4x4, G56, tow rig
2013 Jayco 33BHTS Travel Trailer
2014 Toyota Tacoma CC TRD 4x4, work rig

RVRODDER
Explorer
Explorer
Made drawings ,and ordered parts, to make an extension tow bracket ,to enable me to continue using my rear back box and frame without having to remove it when I want to tow.
Gulfstream Sunvoyager Cummins 5.9BT DP.

Bigdog
Explorer
Explorer
Inventoried all the stuff in the storage compartments and took some stuff out and put some new stuff in.Took a couple of loads of food up and my clothes for the upcoming trip to Glacier NP.The DW took four loads of clothes up.
Going to wax the front end with Megulars Marine wax tomorrow... If it doesn't rain
Will be taking it in for an LOF this week before we leave. Ouch !!!
GO COUGARS
2001 Tradewinds 7390 LTC
330 Cat Turbo Freightliner Chassis
2011 Jeep Liberty(toad)

'88 Mustang 5 Spd 5.0L GT convertible (not Toad)

revump
Explorer
Explorer
Moved to another CG about 20 miles away
Bob

sailor_lou
Explorer
Explorer
Installed two new window awnings and an additional electrical outlet in the basement.

Lou
05 Travel Supreme Envoy

krichmond96coac
Explorer
Explorer
Installed tile in living area, refinshed wood floor in the galley.

polar76
Explorer
Explorer
Mookie5362 wrote:
Clean the roof off yesterday, nice and clean now. Will wait for the rain to stop and give it a good washing. Debating if I am going to apply Red Max

I did that about a week ago, there was no wax on the roof so just washed the chalk off the fiberglass and applied the Red Max Pro 3, turned out great, I did apply it down to the drip on the sides and backrail and just above the windshild on the front,

I will probably do the rest of the coach after the wax on the sides wears down..... and it is not so HOT....!
1997 32' Country Coach Allure
2014 Jeep Sahara

:C

sg67nova
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced plugs, wires, cap and rotor. Sure is awesome to have a 14 year old son to crawl in the wheels wells and do the plugs!
1992 32ft Fleetwood Bounder 454TBI 250hp ๐Ÿ˜ž
Towing 1991 S10 drag car 377 sbc 800hp :E
Home away from home at the drag strip!

Mookie5362
Explorer
Explorer
Clean the roof off yesterday, nice and clean now. Will wait for the rain to stop and give it a good washing. Debating if I am going to apply Red Max

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer
sbishop wrote:
I went out this morning with every intention of washing the MoHo, got the bucket and long handled brush out and the DW and DGD came out and started working in the front yard where I would spray them if I washed the rig. So I took the towbar and the old license plate frame off the towed and took it down to the carwash and had it washed, took the DW's Explorer down after that, replaced the license plate and towbar on the towed, started to put the cover back on the towbar and tore one of the holding straps, took it in for the DW to fix and then fixed lunch for the three of us, then I put the cover back on the towbar. Picked up the brush and bucket and set them in the MoHo in anticipation of washing tomorrow in the AM. Weatherman said we would be back to "Late night and early morning low clouds and fog along the coast, clearing by noon", should be okay for washing the rig.

Oh yeah, all this because we're leaving with the DGD and DGS on Monday for the Pacific Northwest for three weeks and somehow it just seems right to start out with everything clean and pretty.

All that washing will be wasted on the "Pacific Northwet" :S :B

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer
DutchStar38 wrote:
Filled the downstairs fridge with beverages then took a nap.

My favourite maintenance routine. :B

slemnah
Explorer
Explorer
Cleaned the front cap area, scoured it with non abrasive cleanser and applied four coats of Red Pro Max. Shines like it was brand new. I had removed the side trim by the drivers seat that housed the trans shifter and made a new box out of wood (trim was torn and broken) and added molding to it to clean it up. Made a cover for the shower stall skylight to cool down the inside of the mh. Will probably wash it and change the oil and filter later today. I want to add a couple of speakers for the new tv.