cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class A MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch, so I thought I would start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
5,655 REPLIES 5,655

bshpilot
Explorer
Explorer
I installed (and tested) an ARP Fridge Controller to prevent over temperature (and reduce the likelihood of a potential fire).
Don R.
'04 42' Haulmark Motor Coach - 450hp/1650tq / 12 spd SmartShift
'12 Jeep Wrangler Sport (manual trans)
'17 Platinum F350 (6.7L, SRW, CC, Long bed, 4x4)

Laman
Explorer
Explorer
Installed new alternator, Leece-Neville to the tune of $385 but first one lasted 17 years, not too bad.
1998 American Eagle 40' EVS, 2011 Ford Edge, Falcon 2 tow bar
DW and 2 DD's

Kidoo
Explorer
Explorer
Back home from 3 month in Arizona, parked the RV in the snowbank beside the house, waiting for spring to spring back!
Monaco Cayman 34 2003, Cummins 300HP
Bigfoot 2008, 10.4, F350, 2006, Diesel 6.0, Black, 4x4, long box, Air lift, Rancho 9000, Rear sway bar.

melvonnar
Explorer
Explorer
above

melvonnar
Explorer
Explorer
WILDEBILL308 wrote:
Jim try a dry film lube.
Changed the oil on the generator, oil and air filters. Waiting for the results of my oil samples then will change the oil on the Cummins.
Bill

oil or grease are dirt magnets

WILDEBILL308
Explorer II
Explorer II
Jim try a dry film lube.
Changed the oil on the generator, oil and air filters. Waiting for the results of my oil samples then will change the oil on the Cummins.
Bill
2008 Newmar Mountain Aire
450 HP CUMMINS ISM
ALLISON 4000 MH TRANSMISSION
TOWING 2014 HONDA CRV With Blue Ox tow bar
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain

JimM68
Explorer
Explorer
Our kwikee steps are looking kinda ratty, not working as smoothly as they once did, and a few years ago I kinda bent them on a big dip going into a fuel station, bad enough that I had to beat the bars straight (in a nearby parking lot!) to get the steps working again. They are also kinda sad looking, finish is shot, some rust...

Yesterday I pulled the steps and all the hardware off.
Today I am cleaning, and straightening everything out.
Then they will go to the powder coater for a fresh semi-gloss black finish.
I'll get new anti-skid stickons, some new bushings, get them back on good like new.

The big "gear thing" on the motor, and the swivel joints on the drive link, look like they have never been lubricated. But they still work fine.

It's always a battle with lube. will it keep things working good? or just atract dirt?
Even the pivots, they have brass bushings that "should" never need lubrication.

What is the word here?
Lube or no lube?
What lube?
Jim M.
2008 Monaco Knight 40skq, moho #2
The "68"
My very own new forumfirstgens.com

My new blog

mmiille
Explorer
Explorer
bshpilot wrote:
mmiille wrote:
Cleaned out regulator.

??? what regulator ? how did you clean it ?

Our campground was working on their well pump and the water pressure went away as well as the flow. Removed the water regulator from the hose and cleaned off the screen. Also the screen on the water filter. More water flow as well as the pressure. Mostly wrote on here to get off the email notifications. But thanks for asking.
Martin & Cheryl
40 Foot 2009 Damon Tuscany 4076
Cummins 360, Hyundai Santa Fe
Full timing since 2010.

mustang652
Explorer
Explorer
Just sitting here in it and enjoying it. Finally sold the packed up house here in Las Vegas. We're at the Hitching Post RV Park doing our final prep for our move back to Texas. 10 DTG until we pull out and I'm looking forward to it, as this represents a trip for going home, and we haven't been able to use it since last June due to the make ready and sale of the house.
Stan, Shirley & 2 Schnauzers
RV: 2014 Itasca Sunstar 35F
USAF Retired, Life Member: VSPA, VVA, DVA,VFW

bshpilot
Explorer
Explorer
mmiille wrote:
Cleaned out regulator.

??? what regulator ? how did you clean it ?
Don R.
'04 42' Haulmark Motor Coach - 450hp/1650tq / 12 spd SmartShift
'12 Jeep Wrangler Sport (manual trans)
'17 Platinum F350 (6.7L, SRW, CC, Long bed, 4x4)

mmiille
Explorer
Explorer
Cleaned out regulator.
Martin & Cheryl
40 Foot 2009 Damon Tuscany 4076
Cummins 360, Hyundai Santa Fe
Full timing since 2010.

JumboJet
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced the busted Marinco 30 AMP inlet cover.

koda55
Explorer
Explorer
Ran the generator, Checked the air conditioning and started polishing the rims. Getting ready for our next trip.

mikestock
Explorer
Explorer
Wondered why I went from a perfectly good 37' fiver with 4 slides, lots of room and no problems to this modern DP with all bells and whistles and all of the issues keeping those bells and whistles from working. Latest problem today: An Atwood jack that refused to retract. Two hours to resolve.

king_yankee1
Explorer
Explorer
Nothing, just sit outside and enjoyed the beauty.