cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class A MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch, so I thought I would start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
5,655 REPLIES 5,655

livingaboard
Explorer
Explorer
wolfman01 wrote:
john and terry wrote:
wolfman01 wrote:
Put a memory foam topper on the mattress.

Looked at one of those the other day but didn't pull the trigger on it. How do you like it? Worth the money?

Yes, they are less expensive, lighter than a full blown memory foam mattress, and a vast improvement over the regular lump in my coach. I do recommend double checking the measurements on your mattress. Mine is supposed to be a queen, but is hanging 6" off of the end of the bed.

Yes, a lot of 'queen' beds are actually not full size queens in the rv's. Fortunately mine is. Something for people to be aware of
Dave
Everett, WA
2000 Itasca Suncruiser 35U, F53 Triton V-10
Firestone air bags with Quad control air gauge
Pressure Pro tire pressure monitor
Banks Exhaust
SuperSteer rear trac bar
Olympian Wave heaters (Wall mount and portable)

Team_Horizon
Explorer
Explorer
Had the 10 year old couch and dining table removed (already had recliner and cabinet removed earlier) and had 3 EZBeds installed in their places. Ready to relax and sleep us plus a family of 3. Sage green - looks pretty on top of new Laminate flooring. Now if we weren't dying of heat in Florida, would go camping!

wolfman01
Explorer
Explorer
Today I installed the $20 satellite dish. Everything is working, but I need to change a few settings on my receiver to get all of the channels to come in correctly, and I need to clean up the mess of wires hanging out of my cabinet.

In the process of figuring out the mess of coax crammed everywhere in the front bins, I managed to fix the no signal problem to the rear TV as well.
2011 Hyundai Accent SE (8k)
1996 Tiffin Allegro Bay 31' ga$$er motorhome (42k)
Bear, my four legged, furry companion.
RVing is an obsession more expensive than drugs. :E

wolfman01
Explorer
Explorer
john and terry wrote:
wolfman01 wrote:

Looked at one of those the other day but didn't pull the trigger on it. How do you like it? Worth the money?

Yes, they are less expensive, lighter than a full blown memory foam mattress, and a vast improvement over the regular lump in my coach. I do recommend double checking the measurements on your mattress. Mine is supposed to be a queen, but is hanging 6" off of the end of the bed.

livingaboard
Explorer
Explorer
Moved the tv/radio switch from above the passenger seat in the upper storage bin area to the dash where it should be. This switch lets the sound come from either the radio or tv through the surround sound system. Often times we take off and forget to turn it to radio, so we can't hear anything, and my short wife has to take off her seatbelt and move the switch. I also labeled the switch with my label maker.

It was pretty straight forward since it is simply an on/off switch and I used wiring already in place from the Sony disc changer that I scrapped a few years ago. It is much more convenient.
Dave
Everett, WA
2000 Itasca Suncruiser 35U, F53 Triton V-10
Firestone air bags with Quad control air gauge
Pressure Pro tire pressure monitor
Banks Exhaust
SuperSteer rear trac bar
Olympian Wave heaters (Wall mount and portable)

john_and_terry
Explorer
Explorer
wolfman01 wrote:

Full Timing In Our 1996 Winnebago Brave (P30/454)
...Check Out Our Gate Guarding Blog HERE!
TOAD - 2010 Nissan Cube
With 2 Fairly Well Behaved Diggities
Venus And Midnight

wolfman01
Explorer
Explorer

john_and_terry
Explorer
Explorer
Bought a can of silicone spray and sprayed the door latch and all four HWH Levelers. Works like a charm. Can of silicone is $3 at Home Depot. A bargain at 10X the price.
Full Timing In Our 1996 Winnebago Brave (P30/454)
...Check Out Our Gate Guarding Blog HERE!
TOAD - 2010 Nissan Cube
With 2 Fairly Well Behaved Diggities
Venus And Midnight

deaton60
Explorer
Explorer
Restocked the refridgerator with drinks for rally later this week.

ufgator
Explorer
Explorer
Changed out the old tv's. Installed 3 new led tv's. About a four hour job with all the mods.:C

restorodder
Explorer
Explorer
Moved coach off the grass,in back yard,and drove to gas station for a fill up($155.). Backed her in the driveway and hooked up the car hauler,(first time this year). Washed trailer,and wheels on MH. Started loading MH for our trip to the ST Ignace MI car show. Now I need to mow the grass where the MH and trailer were parked.
2008 Newmar Canyon Star - 2007 Dodge Dakota Toad - Ready Brute tow bar & brake system - one cat - Sassy 14

eagle1
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced my Kenwood stereo with a new model. It has the MP3 plug in, USB port, and a remote. Hope to make life a little easier.
Eagle 1

2002 HR Ambassador(AKA Rosie), 2003 Dodge Dakota, 4 down towing
2 Westies ( The Brothers )

QuietWater
Explorer
Explorer
StanleyandIris wrote:
Yesterday we spoke to the RV shop where the MH has been for 15 days. We need 2 new HWH jacks. Shop says they can't find them and will have to have the mfr. make them special. (maybe because the MH is 11 years old?) All we need are 2 jacks and the dash a/c coolant recharged. 15 days, nothing done yet. Grrrr.

Iris

You need to contact Colaw's RV Salvage in Carthage, MO (Google them). They can get you a couple of used jacks. They have them on the shelf.
Daniel Miller
1984 Holiday Rambler Imperial
1982 Tioga Arrow Class C

roads_to_travel
Explorer
Explorer
Took her to Clarkston WA and stayed at Granite Lake campground. Very nice place to stay and very friendly. So today when we got home did some cleaning as it will be a few weeks before we take her out again

StanleyandIris
Explorer
Explorer
Yesterday we spoke to the RV shop where the MH has been for 15 days. We need 2 new HWH jacks. Shop says they can't find them and will have to have the mfr. make them special. (maybe because the MH is 11 years old?) All we need are 2 jacks and the dash a/c coolant recharged. 15 days, nothing done yet. Grrrr.

Iris