cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Did You Do To Your Class B Today ?

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
I see the other types of RV's having this type of thread. I did a search and could not find one here. 🙂

Yesterday, I drove mine to work to "excercise" it. I have driven it to work twice in the two weeks I have owned it.

In the two years I owned my Class C, I drove it to work ZERO times. :E
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds
1,574 REPLIES 1,574

Explorer
Explorer
Finished fitting Reflectix in all of the windows.
Roadtrek 190 Popular 2011

Meryl and Me Hit the Road

MelinProv
Explorer
Explorer

Well I winterized the other day but its still nice so we had a picnic in the backyard under the apple trees

yizit
Explorer
Explorer
Winterized...:(..bummer....took 15 minutes....yea!!!!:B
Jim & Darlene
Pickles our Teddy Bear
2013 Roadtrek RS Adventurous (aka..Roada)
Wisconsin Dells...Water park capital of the world

yukoncornel
Explorer
Explorer
Removed the seat back on my jack-knife sofa bed. Been thinking about this for a while and I love how it turned out. Now my bed doesn't take up the entire aisle anymore 🙂 and I can just use pillows or my sleeping bag when I need a back rest. Much roomier!
The Babe Catcher, scoopin 'em in since 2010
1995 Coachmen, Ford E250

chain
Explorer
Explorer
Was going a little shop crazy so took seat I was working on and drove about 5 miles
to park and worked on seat in my mobil show set up I use when I do shows .
Chain

Bukiman
Explorer
Explorer
Well, where to start, engine oil change, trans filter and oil, shocks, repair loose headliner, (all this in the last week) and next week; install new inverter, install new fridge and try to fix rear air, that'll keep me off the streets for awhile :S
getting ready so a trip thru the so. west next month.

Sukiesmom
Explorer
Explorer
scarpi. Just want to respond to you regarding the bathroom caulking separation. We are in S Cal and although not as hot, the caulking on the corner right above the faucets came off from the wall side. I had a handyman put caulking back (he said he used those type that sticks to prevent it from coming off again). It looked great for a few months and then the caulking came off again. This time, it pulled the wall paper off. I am just going to leave it alone now. It is only a small section and does not get wet at all. We do use the bathroom to shower but I devised some shower curtains to basically wrap around both sides and back. So no water gets to the wall at all. The great thing is that I only need to dry the floor after showers and just leave the curtain to air dry 🙂
Hope this helps.

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
Excercised my external generator at full load (running 7100 BTU air cond.) for about an hour.

Item Weight : 52 lb
Fuel tank capacity (gallons) : 1.32
Rated wattage continuous (watts) : 1500
Rated wattage peak (watts) : 2000

Sportsman GEN154 Portable Generator with 2000 Peak Watts
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds

MelinProv
Explorer
Explorer
reorganized my stuff in it and dumped the tanks and moved it to the backyard-getting ready for winter-maybe one more trip? ( as I dumped the water my neighbor was re- filling his to go camping this weekend ) Ill wait to put the cover on.

yizit
Explorer
Explorer
Took a 50 mile trip to see the local Farm/Art DTour. They use things used on farms and make art out them. The route took us thru rolling hills and beautiful fall colors. Stopped at a cheese factory and watch how they make cheese. It was so nice to have the B.
Jim & Darlene
Pickles our Teddy Bear

scarpi
Explorer
Explorer
PW gila monster wrote:
I rotated my Best B today --so the hot Arizona sun fries the other side of the pleasureway's fiberglass evenly. 90 degrees today. Maybe high 70's by the end of the week - oh my gosh does the heater still work???

Speaking of frying your PW. We have a PW Excel and when not in use it is parked in our driveway. During the hot summer, the inside gets so hot that the interior window wall of the bathroom has separated from the nice white caulking at the seams. I guess that the interior wall warps so much from the hot temps that it just separated from the caulking. I could recaulk it, but I think it would just repeat the problem next summer. Now since that wall is not sealed it probably would not be a good idea to shower in there because moisture would seep behind the separation behind the wall and perhaps get moldy. Anybody have any ideas or should I just leave it alone. We usually just shower in the campground facilities because the "shower" is too small anyway. What would you people do? Is there a stronger caulking material that would be a stronger bond to the wall? Thanks for your input, Don

yizit
Explorer
Explorer
Spent the weekend washing and waxing the outside, cleaning the inside, made a new bedspread for the bed, replaced the seat bolsters with foam and added new memory foam on top to make the permanent bed more comfortable, and replaced our foiled bubble wrap with Reflextic in all the windows. The old "stuff" was an inferior product from Camping World and wasn't as effective as Reflextic. Getting ready for our one month trip to FL in January. We'll be taking one more trip before we winterize, to make sure we are ready for the trip.
Jim & Darlene
Pickles our Teddy Bear

Explorer
Explorer
Started installing Reflectix in the windows.
Roadtrek 190 Popular 2011

Meryl and Me Hit the Road

OldRadios
Explorer
Explorer
Dumped the fresh water system and the gray tank today and winterized them. Will pull the rear battery later this week. Needs a new one in the spring. I'm thinking about removing the black water system and going with one of the self contained toilets as we almost never use it. Did not need it once this year. Will decide by the Spring.
2006 Fleetwood 26Q
2010 Harley Softail Toad
2015 Ford Focus Toad
Upstate (the other) New York

yizit
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced window insulation with Reflexic. Had some crappy foil bubble insulator stuff I bought from Camping World. What a difference. Double thickness and more flexible. Should keep us cooler in the summer and warmer in cold weather. Love this time of year for traveling and camping.
Jim & Darlene
Pickles our Teddy Bear