cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Did You Do To Your Class B Today ?

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
I see the other types of RV's having this type of thread. I did a search and could not find one here. 🙂

Yesterday, I drove mine to work to "excercise" it. I have driven it to work twice in the two weeks I have owned it.

In the two years I owned my Class C, I drove it to work ZERO times. :E
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds
1,574 REPLIES 1,574

Davydd
Explorer
Explorer
Yesterday I drove the cobwebs off and went 40 miles north to Lake Region RVs in Ramsey, MN. Just a short shakedown run. Lake Region RVs have a lot of Bs on the lot both new and used - Roadtrek, Leisure Travel Vans and Great West Vans. So, I got in my spring dose of B-nis envy. 😉 There is always something new and better. I extensively photographed this extended body Legend EX because so many people were asking me about it from areas where there are no GWVan dealers.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/davydd/sets/72157629259831539/

What else did I do? I've now tested both dashboard mounted iPhones and iPads running the Tom Tom GPS app and am satisfied they will do the trick.

I also changed a burned out a 10W halogen bulb in my recessed ceiling light. In doing my research there is an identical size LED version I could trade out but the cost of trading out 12 of them would be over $200. The amperage draw would be about a third. I'm not sure why one of the halogen bulbs failed in less than a year. It shouldn't have. I hope the rest don't. They cost about $6 at Home Depot.

My Legend comes with two table tops and two posts with two receptors at the back electric sofa for two people obviously. Up front at the turned around driver and passenger seat there is only one receptor for two people to share one of the tables. That works, so I decided to add a third post receptor in the back so I could have the option of a table centered on the sofa.

The last thing I did was explore ways to get an iPod/iPhone jack to my Becker Sound 5 factory installed M-B radio. It seemed simple enough until I read the fine print and realized that Mobis radios manufactured in China would not work with the plug in modules on the market to achieve what I wanted. Damn! In the future I may just swap out the radio with an upgrade. Back to research.

We are getting ready for our first trip this year to Missouri for a BEE Social Group get together in Van Buren next week.
Davydd
2021 Advanced RV 144 WB 2500 Class B
2015 Advanced RV Ocean One Class B

locoqueso
Explorer
Explorer
  • Used plastic wrap and a rubberband to cover the hole where the toilet used to sit in the 93 Falcon
  • Reading up on how to test the Temp Sensor on the 78 Westy
1978 Westfalia Campmobile (P-21) - VW T2 2.0L F.I.- 148,000m
1993 Intervec Falcon (190SLF) - Dodge B350 Maxi 5.9L F.I. - 50,000m

jimervin
Explorer
Explorer
Today I ordered a spare tire cover, had a Pioneer radio and CD installed, and had a repair shop start checking on replacing a seat belt. DW looked at the bath doorway and console cup holders and they passed inspection. Good to go when she can travel.
jim

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
Yesterday, I aired it out and put the winshield sun screen cover on. Sometimes I tend to forget to put it on upon arriving home. 🙂

locoqueso
Explorer
Explorer
  • Changed the oil
  • Capped off the water supply to the toliet
  • Went to Home Depot and was told that Sharkbite connectors won't work with plastic RV water lines

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
locoqueso wrote:
I made arran9gements to return the Dometic 310 toliet that was smashed during shipping. 😞
Ouch! (Bummer)

I hope the hail we got tonight did not do anything to the B. :E

locoqueso
Explorer
Explorer
I made arrangements to return the Dometic 310 toliet that was smashed during shipping. 😞

dirtyharryo
Explorer
Explorer
Off to Circleville flea market today, I will go out and get it loaded and ready to go this morning.

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
I drove mine to work today for some exercise. (75 mile round trip)

OldRadios
Explorer
Explorer
Re-glued a cupboard door that was pulling apart and ordered LED replacements for my interior 1141 and 1156 type lights today. (8 18 LED and 4 120 LED lamps). I'll see how these work before I replace the incandescent reading lamp bulbs.

I just realized that I should probably wire in a couple of 110 volt lamps for when the campers plugged in so I don't use the 12V battery lights as much.

I should add that after I charged the battery it started up with the first touch of the key after sitting for four months over the winter. Not bad for a 1985.
2006 Fleetwood 26Q
2010 Harley Softail Toad
2015 Ford Focus Toad
Upstate (the other) New York

nbragtop
Explorer
Explorer
I just backed my winnebago ERA out of the carport so that the rain would wash off some of the pollen.

Topsblades
Explorer
Explorer
PSW wrote:
Topsblade (Rick) asked where I got the LEDs I put into the Roadtrek.
Amazon has a great selection of 12 volt LED bulbs.

Disc Type G4 Base Side Pin 10 SMD LED, 10 Watt Holagen 140 Lumen Bulb Replacemnt For RV Camper Trailer Boat Marine Warm White, 1109WW is the description of the one I used.

There are 10 little LEDs on each disk with pin inserts, which fit the RT receptacle just fine. You may have to bend the pins a little to get them inserted. I did on some, didn't on others. It really made a difference in the enclosed wet bath in particular.

Thanks Brother! I appreciate the description as well.

R

locoqueso
Explorer
Explorer
Removed the nasty, old toliet and stained carpet from the bathroom.

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
I am getting some preventative maintenance done on my pickup truck today so I am going to drive the Class B around town shopping etc.

PSW
Explorer
Explorer
Topsblade (Rick) asked where I got the LEDs I put into the Roadtrek.
Amazon has a great selection of 12 volt LED bulbs.

Disc Type G4 Base Side Pin 10 SMD LED, 10 Watt Holagen 140 Lumen Bulb Replacemnt For RV Camper Trailer Boat Marine Warm White, 1109WW is the description of the one I used.

There are 10 little LEDs on each disk with pin inserts, which fit the RT receptacle just fine. You may have to bend the pins a little to get them inserted. I did on some, didn't on others. It really made a difference in the enclosed wet bath in particular.
PSW
2013 Phoenix Cruiser 2350
2014 Jeep Cherokee behind it
and a 2007 Roadtrek 210P for touring