cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class C MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch in other forums, so I thought I'd start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
4,455 REPLIES 4,455

woodworker414
Explorer
Explorer
Spent the last few days cleaning and rearranging the inside of the C, took a 5day trip, great fun, rode the bike, great bike paths, went to Rend Lake in central Il. Yesterday washed the outside, today waxed the C. As slippery as it is now, should get better gas mileage, should slip through the wind easier. Right? Ha Ha
Bill
Brenda and Bill
2020 Lance 1172, our traveling rig
2013 Heartland Landmark Mesa, 40', fifth wheel, we keep at our snowbird home in central FL, Bushnell, FL.
2014 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, CC, 4x4, LB, duals, DuraMax

dsomonster
Explorer
Explorer
Pulled the coach batteries and "reconditioned" both of them. Sulfate built up and the batts were not holding full charge for very long.
Everything seems to look good now. I will know if I have to replace after tomorrow.
It was my mistake, I let the rig sit for over 4 months without starting and I did not perform the normal battery maintenance. That'll never happen again.

otbiker
Explorer
Explorer
Added a second AGM coach battery. Used a drop down stainless steel battery case from Classic Performance. Typically used on hot rods, the box makes a nice bolt on installation. This gives us one 95ah AGM, and one 70ah AGM. I had replaced the standard Parallax converter with a three stage unit a few weeks ago.
Marty & Martha in Kerrville

2013 Winnebago ERA

Roadfrog
Explorer
Explorer
Well not "today", but this week I installed a component speaker system and a radio switch. The radio switch allows me to change between power to the radio from either the chassis battery or from the coach batteries when camping. Many newer class C's have them stock and most class A's have always had them.

The component speakers make a HUGE difference in sound quality even over the Bazooka 6x8's I previously installed. I mounted the tweeters in the sail panels and installed the crossovers in the doors along with the 5.25 woofers. Stereo separation is awesome.
Cheers
Chris

1999 Winnebago Itasca Spirit 29N
1988 Campion Allante 195

rj7388
Explorer
Explorer
'also did the "clean-out" process after returning from several days in VA and getting ready for next weeks' excursion to OH, then down to FL for Dad's Day. tried to rpair a sliding window that wont stay closed while travelling and ordered an ezpass for the MH.
researched possible driver seat replacements...one we have is just too darn short for me...wish i had a head rest:( oh well, something to consider when we upgrade.
ham radio,bluegrass mandolin wannabe
woodworking,photography & fishing
'08 4Winds chateau 28A

dsomonster
Explorer
Explorer
Did 1st year service on the International motor. Repacked front bearings. Not enough mileage for tranny service.
Did the 1st year service on the Onan 8.0.

Parts for our rigs are not cheap, that's for sure.

summerhouse
Explorer
Explorer
Changed the generator oil. Drained water out of fresh water and hot water tanks per advice from another thread. (thanks).
โ€œLight hearted I take to the open roadโ€ฆ Healthy, free, the world before meโ€ฆ The long brown path before me leading me wherever I choose.โ€ - Walt Whitman

dsomonster
Explorer
Explorer
One thing about the clothes for a trip is we ALWAYS overpack, no matter how much we say we will cutback.

It definitely is much more fun to put IN than take OUT of the rig.

Thanks

summerhouse
Explorer
Explorer
Just got done cleaning it from our trip to Florida. Tryed to be careful about sand, but couldn't help bringing home about a pound of it! Still have some clothes to bring in...seems it's much more fun loading for a trip than unloading!! Found I overpacked clothing wise for the maiden voyage, so will cut back for the next trip!
โ€œLight hearted I take to the open roadโ€ฆ Healthy, free, the world before meโ€ฆ The long brown path before me leading me wherever I choose.โ€ - Walt Whitman

Berticus
Explorer
Explorer
Just ordered a 12v tv/dvd and mount from www.12volt-travel.com and waiting for it arrive. Getting ready for this weekend's trip up to Anderson. Might get rained on but that's ok.

Happy and Safe Camping, Robert
The Setup:
96' Serro Scotty 25'Dodge,4x4,Diesel,Class-C, 86 20' Chris Craft LTD.

dsomonster
Explorer
Explorer
Just installed a Xantrex RS3000 inverter, 6-6v Interstate U2200 battery bank, replaced a broken ladder, and added 2 more Fantastic Fans.

stvdman
Explorer
Explorer
Just cleaned the whole RIG. Inside, outside, and removed EVERYTHING out of it. TRADING it in tomorrow on a NEW ONE. Yeaa, we are excited!

MoHo_Mojo
Explorer
Explorer
Started loading up for a trip to Bahia Honda SP.
About a 6 hour haul(at my speed)

TIOGA1
Explorer
Explorer
I removed the front windows and installed fiberglass panels in their place. Now I just need to put some mat and resin and smooth it all out for paint. I removed my front windows because I`m building a small cabinet up there for the overhead bunk and I don`t really need the windows.

tyson8earzz
Explorer
Explorer
I took off the winter cover and washed the rig down, then vacuumed and dusted the insides