cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class C MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch in other forums, so I thought I'd start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
4,455 REPLIES 4,455

crawford
Explorer
Explorer
Why not try liquid rubber roof it really works well and will save you a ton of money.
Change from a c class to a A class Georgetown 07 triple slide

Navy_Smoker
Explorer
Explorer
Put the winter cover on it Sunday. We had rain Sunday night and Monday morning so I unzipped the cover over the door and inspected for water intrusion. Found signs of a roof leak in an area where I've never had trouble in the past. It looks like a $1K repair job. I may be able to save some of the cost( and learn some repair techniques) by providing some of the grunt labor in my friends RV repair shop.
Bill (CDR, USN (Ret))& Kathleen (retired homemaker)
Mingo & Maverick (Aussie Shepherds)
2016 Winnebago Vista
Competition BBQ Team Leader

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi all,

Drove it on another "moving trip".

I was able to test the electronic anti freeze as well down to -25 C (-13 F). Results: Waste tank storage heat @ 200 watts was good at 2.7 C (37 F).

The fridge @ 25 watts did not fair so well giving -12.7 C (9.1 F) so I'll have to increase the wattage.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Godsey97
Explorer
Explorer
Winterized it for the year.

Sold our house quicker than we thought we would, had to wait to close on the one we bought so we were living in the MH for 6 weeks at a military campground. It kept getting colder and colder, we were leaving the water trickle to keep the pipes from freezing. It was mixed emotions. Sad to winterize it for the year, but glad we got settled and got it done before any damage.

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
Oldgearhead wrote:
Installed 420W of solar....

Details?
Class C, 2004/5 Four Winds Dutchman Express 28A, Chevy chassis
2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan
Camped in 45 states, 7 Provinces and 1 Territory

Oldgearhead
Explorer
Explorer
Installed 420W of solar....

woodworker414
Explorer
Explorer
Filled the fress water tank,we are going to take a day trip. Just going to point the nose of the C east and see where we end up at. Should be a great day.
Bill
Brenda and Bill
2020 Lance 1172, our traveling rig
2013 Heartland Landmark Mesa, 40', fifth wheel, we keep at our snowbird home in central FL, Bushnell, FL.
2014 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, CC, 4x4, LB, duals, DuraMax

sd42176
Explorer
Explorer
Loading it up today for a weekend camping trip to a hockey rink parking lot for my sons pee wee AA hockey tournament. Good times!!!!

oldtrucker63
Explorer
Explorer
Navy Smoker wrote:
Took it to the shop to have new shocks, upgraded anti-sway bar bushings and helper springs installed. In the process I found a a trace of transmission fluid on my driveway and now I'm looking for the source of the leak. I want to fix it before getting back on the road in the spring.
Check the rear seal, And check for lose pan bolts,..Good luck
Without Trucks,....America Stop's

pdmac1946
Explorer
Explorer
Ran engine and generator. Getting ready for a two month trip to Arizona after Christmas.

thebeach300
Explorer
Explorer
put the tarp on yesterday now just waiting for spring.

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
Worked on installing an ammeter in series with the battery. I now have the meter, the power isolation module and the switch installed. Still waiting for a couple of things from China to complete the installation.
Class C, 2004/5 Four Winds Dutchman Express 28A, Chevy chassis
2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan
Camped in 45 states, 7 Provinces and 1 Territory

Navy_Smoker
Explorer
Explorer
Took it to the shop to have new shocks, upgraded anti-sway bar bushings and helper springs installed. In the process I found a a trace of transmission fluid on my driveway and now I'm looking for the source of the leak. I want to fix it before getting back on the road in the spring.
Bill (CDR, USN (Ret))& Kathleen (retired homemaker)
Mingo & Maverick (Aussie Shepherds)
2016 Winnebago Vista
Competition BBQ Team Leader

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

Drove back to Regina. Unpacked the RV. Took it to the storage yard--and made arrangements to pick it up Dec 10 for another "moving van" trip.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

rgrcpa
Explorer
Explorer
Hadda winterize it due a couple of days below 32. Of course, the temps went back up to the 60s and 70s. I just don't want to take a chance on any pipes breaking. Got her ready for storage.
Rick Roberts
RV Part-timer
2002 Jayco Granite Ridge 32'