cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class C MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch in other forums, so I thought I'd start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
4,455 REPLIES 4,455

ericsmith32
Explorer
Explorer
Put in a new 100w inverter. Pretty slick with the one button right underneath. Got this one for #10 but Walmart has a 150w for $20 right now thinking about another for the TV in the back.

2005 Jayco Escapade 28ZSLP (3500 Chevy chassis)

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Winterized so on bottled water for the next 8 days. Then I head south, though sadly, not in the RV this time.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

PSW
Explorer
Explorer
Winterized. Big cold spell coming. Down to mid 20s in Oklahoma City next weekend. Pretty cold for this early in November. Why take a chance?
PSW
2013 Phoenix Cruiser 2350
2014 Jeep Cherokee behind it
and a 2007 Roadtrek 210P for touring

OldRadios
Explorer
Explorer
bob and donna wrote:
My question is does the on board charger that is suppose to charge the aux battery's suppose to charge the engine battery? puzzled?

Before you purchase anything measure your engine battery voltage before the AC is plugged in. Most it will be likely 12.2 to 12.6 volts or less. Then then measure the DC voltage when the AC is plugged in and the house batteries are charging. If you see 13.2 volts or higher on the engine battery when plugged in then your converter is already charging the engine battery and you most likely have an engine battery problem not a charging problem.
2006 Fleetwood 26Q
2010 Harley Softail Toad
2015 Ford Focus Toad
Upstate (the other) New York

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
Picked up the new dinette. Removed the sofa bed and starting the installation process.

Mich_F
Explorer
Explorer
bob and donna wrote:
My question is does the on board charger that is suppose to charge the aux battery's suppose to charge the engine battery? puzzled?

In most cases your engine battery will charge your house battery, but the onboard charger will not charge the engine battery. You need something like this to charge your engine battery from the onboard charger
2014 Itasca Spirit 31K Class C
2016 Mazda CX5 on Acme tow dolly- 4 trips ~ 5,800 mi
Now 2017 RWD F150 with a drive shaft disconnect

Travelcrafter
Explorer
Explorer
I installed an Atwood LPCO detector to my 77 Travelcraft. The first modern upgrade to the camper. I have bought a backup camera to install yet and am thinking about updating the power converter.

bob_and_donna
Explorer
Explorer
Went to start it to run it for the monthly run and DEAD battery. I've had this problem since we got the unit. So I plugged it in and waited a few days and walla the engine battery is charged. I've had the unit for almost 2 years now and this is the first time i tried to charge the battery this way. I usually put my portable charger on the engine battery. I have also completely disconnected the cable that runs to the coach battery's to see if they were draining the main battery. but it still drained. I know it being a 012 there are sneak circuits in the ford chassis. My question is does the on board charger that is suppose to charge the aux battery's suppose to charge the engine battery? puzzled?
2012 MVP Thaho 19 RBS

ericsmith32
Explorer
Explorer
Ken & Barbie wrote:
Winterized Mine

Same here.. although looking at the long range temps think I'm a month early. Oh well get some exercise walking to the bath houses. ACE hardware has a sale on the antifreeze for 2.99 for 17.49 for the case.
2005 Jayco Escapade 28ZSLP (3500 Chevy chassis)

Ken___Barbie
Explorer
Explorer
Winterized Mine
Ken & Barb

kendall69
Explorer
Explorer
DITTO.....Ran the generator and the engine to distribute the fuel stabilizer and to exercise the genny. Try and do it every few weeks.
Owned (1) Class A (2) class C (1) truck camper looking at a Class (B)
New proud Owner of a 2014 Phoenix Cruiser 2400

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
Ran the generator and the engine to distribute the fuel stabilizer and to exercise the genny.
Class C, 2004/5 Four Winds Dutchman Express 28A, Chevy chassis
2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan
Camped in 45 states, 7 Provinces and 1 Territory

woodworker414
Explorer
Explorer
Have been using two fans to dry the bedroom carpet. When my sister and I were down in Gulf Shores, AL, this past April. We went through the monsoon rain event. Close to 25" of rain in something like 23 hours. The bedroom carpet got soaked. So I figured a roof leak or a lead around the window. I could not find anything that would indicate that. Did not do anything. We went camping a number of times and if we had a wet carpet we didn't know it. Most of the camping was at COE parks and state parks which don't have water hook ups. This last weekend the same thing happen. We were at a private campground and hooked up to water. They have a decent water pressure. The carpet got soaked. Stood there looking at the carpet and thought the only thing close was the water line to the toilet. Shut off the campground water and oopen a faucet to relieve the pressure. One morning I was sitting out back enjoying the morning drinking a cup of coffee. And it darned on me, Wait a minute the outdoor shower is past the toilet on that side. I went into the C and pulled back that carpet cover curb which hides the water lines to the outdoor shower, a large loom of wires, and heat duct to the campartment that has the dump valves in it, to keep them from freezing, and the duct with the gas tank filler tube in it. So its close quarters in there. Started to check for ddrips, and here is what a I found. The outdoor shower hose had vibrated lose, it was not even finger tight. Hopefully that is the leak. Easy fix. Off to the local box home supply store today for a new hose. And turn the fans on again.
Life is a trip,ENJOY the ride.
Safe Travels.
Bill
Brenda and Bill
2020 Lance 1172, our traveling rig
2013 Heartland Landmark Mesa, 40', fifth wheel, we keep at our snowbird home in central FL, Bushnell, FL.
2014 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, CC, 4x4, LB, duals, DuraMax

Navy_Smoker
Explorer
Explorer
Added a battery charging line for my towed Jeep Liberty. I want to assure that I have a charged battery after a long day of driving. I had a problem on my recent trip with the draw-down on the battery by the Brake Buddy. Tomorrow I'm having Tire Man valve stems installed.
Bill (CDR, USN (Ret))& Kathleen (retired homemaker)
Mingo & Maverick (Aussie Shepherds)
2016 Winnebago Vista
Competition BBQ Team Leader