cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class C MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch in other forums, so I thought I'd start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
4,455 REPLIES 4,455

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
pulled up stakes from the campground--time to urban dock has arrived.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

wendyly
Explorer
Explorer
I brought all the bedding into the house to wash, so that everything will smell good when i spend Saturday getting ready for camping season.
2014 Forest River Solera 24R

fordman17
Explorer
Explorer
Changed the oil and filter in the E450 and also the gen's oil to get ready for a trip in early April. Depending on the weather the gen will be running around the clock for 4 days as no hookups available . Will drain and flush the fresh water tank and lines this weekend .

EMD360
Explorer
Explorer
Although it was a mild winter, I've neglected the RV until today. Took off the cover and tried to start it but the battery was dead. Tried to jump start but nothing. Took the Duralast battery into Auto Zone and they charged it for me. Seems to be OK, just so dead it couldn't start even with a jump. They had me return in an hour to pick up the charged battery and I brought it home and reinstalled it. Starts the engine now.
I guess it is time to get back to camping...
2018 Minnie Winnie 25b New to us 3/2021
Former Rental Owners Club #137
2003 Itasca Spirit 22e 2009-2021

Desert_Captain
Explorer III
Explorer III
On our last trip I noticed the 4 year old Thetford toilet was failing. When the water pump was on water would continuously flow into the bowl, potentially overflowing. We got by OK for a couple of days by just shutting off the pump but it was a PITA.

I assumed the internal valve had failed and bought a repair kit several weeks ago. Day before yesterday I finally got around to installing the new valve as we are headed out on Monday to Patagonia Lake for a few days. The new valve kit went in easily enough but I failed to notice that the male threads on the water line inlet were stripped. Probably overtightened at some point in the past.

I tried to repair them by chasing the threads with a female coupler and did manage to clean them up a bit but they still made me nervous. At this point I just bit the proverbial bullet and bought a new Dometic 310 series that was on sale at CW for $170.

Installed it successfully today but did have to overcome a couple of challenges. The water inlet on the new Dometic was 3" lower than the original Thetford. Nexus uses the Pex water lines and while they are top of the line in terms of quality/durability when it comes to flexibility... not so much.

I bought a couple of fittings at Ace Hardware - a threaded male with a half inch hose barb that went into the feed line and a threaded female with half inch hose barb that attached to the toilet. By aligning and connecting them using a 2' piece of half inch PVC tubing looped to give a clean connection at each end I was able to make it all work.

A double wrap of Teflon Tape on each fitting and SS hose clamps secured both connections without any leaks. Most of the connecting was done by Braille back behind the toilet but by sanding down the hose barbs, adding a squirt of teflon spray and a fair amount of profanity (I was working alone), managed to seat the hose barbs securely .

Wasn't much fun but we now have a nice new (as in better), toilet and saved about $150 on the install.

:B

regis101
Explorer
Explorer
Doctoring a 73 Dodge 20'er back to health. All good things in due time.
Changed all the coolant and heater hoses. New heater core and shut off valve. Adjusted the three cables. Changed the six fuses in the fuse box. Changed the oil with some zippy do hi perf stuff with proper levels of zn and ph. New oil filter of course.
Fired 'er up to check for any leaks. Shut 'er down. Gave a hug. Cracked a beer.
Peace. ~RL

bob_and_donna
Explorer
Explorer
took it to the truck wash and cleaned the winter off her.
2012 MVP Thaho 19 RBS

RoWest
Explorer
Explorer
Tried to find my controller for the s*** Schwintec slideout that failed this weekend in Quartzsite, AZ. after optimistically viewing YouTube videos and actually thinking I'd have a chance. Nope.

ericsmith32
Explorer
Explorer
Heat! No more dragging electric heaters from the house and then making sure they're secured.

The complete shutoff had a fixed female end so had to improvise. Don't mind having the trickle if we have full hookups.
2005 Jayco Escapade 28ZSLP (3500 Chevy chassis)

KristinU
Explorer
Explorer
tenbear wrote:
See the second post in the "Do it yourself modifications and upgrades" section of this forum for directions on posting pictures.

DOH! Forgot about privacy settings on my photo album!
Cheers!
Kristin
2008 Winnebago Chalet 31C
My camping party: me, DH, DS, and 2 DK9s
Our Blog: www.winnieadventures.blogspot.com

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
See the second post in the "Do it yourself modifications and upgrades" section of this forum for directions on posting pictures.
Class C, 2004/5 Four Winds Dutchman Express 28A, Chevy chassis
2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan
Camped in 45 states, 7 Provinces and 1 Territory

KristinU
Explorer
Explorer
Picked her up yesterday after her "hospital" stay for some, ahem, body work that was necessary after an, um, unfortunate meeting between fiberglass and concrete.

She's good as new, now, though!

Before:

After:

Cheers!
Kristin
2008 Winnebago Chalet 31C
My camping party: me, DH, DS, and 2 DK9s
Our Blog: www.winnieadventures.blogspot.com

StarkNaked
Explorer II
Explorer II
Took the city water check valve apart and put the o-ring back on the stem. (PSA - don't press on the end of the stem if you have pressure in the system!!!! Or you'll be doing the same thing I had to do!)

Dumped tanks and re-winterized the sink traps and toilet.

Put new tabs on the license plate.

Desert_Captain
Explorer III
Explorer III
Pulled it out of storage and back to the house after fueling up ($1.73 for regular). Topped up the water tank and plugged in to chill down the frig. Will stock it up tomorrow as we leave for our annual Quartzsite run on Monday. Always too much fun and just a 4.5 hour ride.

:B

Remmag
Explorer
Explorer
Up-graded the power converter to a "smart" converter with 3-way charging. Installed 2 new #27 AGM batteries on the house side. Added a smart trickle-charger to the chassis battery. Installed an Ultra-Fab Twin II-22 stabilizer (and some-what of leveler.) Ready to head south and try these mods.