cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class C MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch in other forums, so I thought I'd start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
4,455 REPLIES 4,455

wxtoad
Explorer
Explorer
Installed LED tail-lights. Installed new bathroom faucet with tall, swiveling spout. Installed several 12V and 110V outlets. Mounted Wilson cell antenna on TV antenna mast. Replaced TV with a new digital Audiovox. Put a cat door in the front of one of the dinette seats. Pix of these and other projects on my web site (see signature below). Have fun!

Ted H.
2005 Lazy Daze 26.5 Rear Bath
NE13

tboss
Explorer
Explorer
the make of the unit is a coachman santara but thats beside the fact its a 1994 yr but thats beside the fact,,If you live in a high humidity area or near the coast it is still a factor reguardless the year,,granted a newer unit shld not have the problem as extensive as mine but be as it may I wld check just to be safe...The erosion was so bad on mine I could stick a nail thru the alum. line..but only where the brass covered the line the rest of the line was ok I think the best thing to do is just go ahead and replace the alum. with copper....the alum. line could and eventually will lead to a fire in the refer.housing...if you can get the alum. line off in one piece take it to a home improv.cnt or to you local hardware and they can match it fo you if you dont have a flareing tool and thats something a lot of ppl dont have laying around. if you lived in Pensacola fl. just bring it over and we would do it here and while we were at it we wld just pressure the coach for rain leaks...I have my own machine to do it at my house,,,

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
Put 1/4 tank of fresh water in it, & filled it with gas, for the trip to gettysburg, Sunday, hooked up the Dolly.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

ridingfamily4
Explorer
Explorer
tboss wrote:
well as I stated in my last post I done the maint. work on the norcold fridge today. When I started the burner it made a terrible noise and was not burning rite ,sooooo It had to come off when I tried to remove the fittings on the vlv. I found some thing very disturbing and dangerous,,,when I tried to remove the alum, supply line to the burner from the gauge I descovered that it was frozen and would not turn on the alum. line so I had to break it to remove it after I removed it I took the brass fitting off the alum. line to place it on a new line and I descovered that where the brass nut had the alum. line covered there was a spot of corrosion on the line that almost eaten thru the alum. line to where it wld start leaking ..I guess the brass and alum arent compatible with each other,,,I replaced the burner and orfice and I installed a new 1/4 inch COPPER line. I had to flair the fittings but it made a good seal and no leaks...I would recomed that if you havent done so to check the alum lin for this corrosion..better to be safe than a burned up m/h... THE BURNER COST ME 45.00 AT THE LOCAL DEALER...

How old is yor unit? What make and model? wondering if it is a certain mfr or all units?
The one who laughs last, thinks slowest! :B

2001 Minnie Winnie
2004 Enclosed trailer
2012 Artic Cat Wildcat
2013 Honda 400
2010 Honda 250
1991 Navy at A School
1995 Getting ready for college!
2001 Boxer

tboss
Explorer
Explorer
well as I stated in my last post I done the maint. work on the norcold fridge today. When I started the burner it made a terrible noise and was not burning rite ,sooooo It had to come off when I tried to remove the fittings on the vlv. I found some thing very disturbing and dangerous,,,when I tried to remove the alum, supply line to the burner from the gauge I descovered that it was frozen and would not turn on the alum. line so I had to break it to remove it after I removed it I took the brass fitting off the alum. line to place it on a new line and I descovered that where the brass nut had the alum. line covered there was a spot of corrosion on the line that almost eaten thru the alum. line to where it wld start leaking ..I guess the brass and alum arent compatible with each other,,,I replaced the burner and orfice and I installed a new 1/4 inch COPPER line. I had to flair the fittings but it made a good seal and no leaks...I would recomed that if you havent done so to check the alum lin for this corrosion..better to be safe than a burned up m/h... THE BURNER COST ME 45.00 AT THE LOCAL DEALER...

tboss
Explorer
Explorer
Yesterday I removed the cover from the a/c and cleaned the coils with a spray foam cleaner I picked up at the hardware store and boy what a diff it makes in the operation of the unit I havent cln them in several seasons so I figured abt time for the job,,but after the way I saw the diff. in coolin I will make it part of my reg maintance once a yr. Tomorrow its the fridge's turn for maint..

Islandshasta
Explorer
Explorer
Had 6 Michelin LTX mounted and balanced, metal valve stems and had the newest tire on the MH put on the spare rim. Ready for the weekend and our up-coming two-week trip.
1994 Shasta 280XS
Two of us with two kids and two dogs

FLBentRider
Explorer
Explorer
Took the RV to the shop to get the generator fixed, engine oil changed, maintenance inspection.

Generator has a bad magneto.
2003 Holiday Rambler Atlantis 29
DW, DS(17),DD(16),DD(6),DS(4), 2 Chocolate Labs
Rans Screamer

webpro
Explorer
Explorer
Washed and waxed as time allowed the last few day, filled up with diesel and ready to pull out Friday

Danal_Estes
Explorer
Explorer
Used silver tape in the hot/cold baffle of the AC. This is a new rig and AC. Made a huge difference, just taping up some finger width cracks and such.
2009 Gulfstream "Enduramax" Class C Toy Hauler

rondeb
Explorer
Explorer
Ran the generator for about an hour. Getting things ready to head out for about 3 months. Can't wait. Didn't get the new kitchen faucet or the faucet for filtered water at the kitchen faucet installed. Will have to do this on Tuesday.

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
Washed the coach today, 2-1/2 hours starting at sunrise! Getting ready for a 3 week trip to Seattle from Southern California.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon

rondeb
Explorer
Explorer
Installed our Counter Extension. I ordered a cutting board to the size I needed and ordered a folding down bracket from Hardwaresource.com that will hold 150 pounds.

Glued and screwed a support piece of wood to the end of the cabinet for support of the brackets. Will stain the support wood later

Hopefully tomorrow we will get the new faucet and water filter (sink faucet) installed

LOVE IT

BlackiceLSC
Explorer
Explorer
I removed the 1986 model Portland microwave oven(was added after production by a wanna-be cabinet maker) and took it in to the shop to test why it wont work. Found out it does work, but the DOOR OPEN button sensor is worn out. Instead of looking for a low-watt microwave, I used a business card to hold the DOOR OPEN button in a little so the microwave comes ON.

re-installed it in Jambo, and saved $100 on a new microwave.

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
Made the E450 front suspension easily greaseable. Removed plugs from ball joints and installed angled fittings. Removed straight fittings from tie rods and installed angled. Not perfect but a whole lot better than before. Needed 9/32 socket to remove plugs, 5/16 to remove straight fittings, and 3/8 end wrench for the new angled fittings. Used 90* angles on lower BJs and outer TR ends, and 45* angles on upper BJs and inner TR ends.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB