cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wheel alignment report after 900 mile trip

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
Decided to have the coach aligned, i purchased it with 19K miles and now has 44K. 09 Cambria 30ft. The tech asked me if it pulled or had issues and I told him I don't notice it but class C's tend to be somewhat unstable when driving as they bob and weave a bit. His first computer printout showed the alignment way off and favoring the curb side of the road, he says it should be the exact opposite and will need to shim it a bit. The short story is after driving to Az and back the coach handles much better. The one huge improvement is that when big rigs pass on my left the coach doesn't want to dive to the right. Also found myself cruising at 70mph on I-40 and the handling was fine. With my upgraded stabilizer bars and Koni shocks my rig drives great.
.... Now that squeak above the entertainment center...........
5 REPLIES 5

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
j-d Once I get back to my brick and mortar home I will see what I can do . The Cambria has a entertainment center above the drivers area, I did not want a bed up there. I have in the past removed the Tv for access and found the metal brackets that connect the coach to the chassis roof broken. I epoxied them with great results. Also have tightened all hardware AND put a dab of ape glue where wood connects. I have another idea as i just noticed some buttons that may be hiding a few fasteners.

j-d
Explorer
Explorer
That's right, Drew. Oddly, a loose cabover is one thing our old coach hasn't been afflicted with. The OP's coach is "B+" with a fairing not a bunkhouse up there. It can still work loose, of course. I don't remember the details but I do remember that he's done some work up there, and some of it involved a loose bond somewhere in that part of the coach.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

DrewE
Explorer II
Explorer II
If the squeak is in the cabover area, often that's caused by the attachment of the bunk board (or whatever you want to call it for an entertainment center) to the cab structure loosening up. They generally use several screws driven up through the cab into the plywood, and these vibrate loose over time. A likely temporary solution is to take down the headliner material and snug them up again; a more permanent solution is to install bolts and nuts (nylock nuts or normal nuts with split washers or nuts and lock nuts) through the bunk board and the cab structure. Something like carriage bolts would work nicely and not have too big of a head, or the head could be recessed slightly, or sometimes the trim on the bunk board can cover the bolt head.

I learned of this from some other poster here--I forget who it was--and put carriage bolts and nylock nuts/washers in on my motorhome and cured that annoying squeak. I'm sure the connection is also a good bit sturdier now.

j-d
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for this GOOD News!

Do you have the pre/post alignment report, that you could share with us?
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

Pops
Explorer
Explorer
Good info, thanks for posting.
2012 Itasca Cambria 28T