Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is reservoir to add fluid for the hydraulic jacks

ricelake922
Explorer
Explorer
Hello
I have a 1996 Monaco Dynasty that has RVA hydraulic jacks model JIMI levelling system and before I attempt to use the i would like to make sure that there is enough fluid to do so. Does anyone know where the reservoir is located? Is the 12 volt battery that runs the motor pump the same batteries that I use for the RV or do the jacks have their own separate battery? Also....can you please tell me where the pump is located? Thank you in advance.
10 REPLIES 10

RognBon
Explorer
Explorer
On my '97 Dynasty the fluid reservoir is located in the drivers side front wheel well. To check the fluid the manual with my coach says to lower the front jack 5 to 6 inches until the alarm begins to sound. Add fluid until the alarm stops.
RognBon
1997 Monaco Dynasty 40'
Cummins 8.3 325 HP
2008 Ford Edge Toad

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
rgatijnet1 wrote:
ON my Monaco, if the bong is not going off when the jacks are retracted, you probably do not need to add fluid. The way it is added is to lower ONE jack 5" and if the bong is going off, they might be a little low on fluid. Then you slowly add fluid until the bong stops. This insures that when any of the jacks are still down more than 5", the bong will be sounding.

Yes, with RVA jacks, this IS the way to get the proper fluid level.

Extend ONE jack 5". If the "jack down" alarm is not sounding, your fluid level is fine or could be high. If no alarm, lower jack another inch. If still not going off, drain fluid or determine cause of "no alarm".

If with the jack extended 5", the alarm is going off, fill until the alarm just stops. Easy job with two people or one with really good hearing.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

barmcd
Explorer
Explorer
The reservoir on my coach is in front of the front steps. Extend the generator all the way. Stand on the passenger side of the generator and look left and down. It's dark there so its hard to see. The tank is oriented left and right with the three valves used to bleed the jacks inboard of the reservoir. The lid is attached to a small tube neck sticking out the top of the reservoir.

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
ON my Monaco, if the bong is not going off when the jacks are retracted, you probably do not need to add fluid. The way it is added is to lower ONE jack 5" and if the bong is going off, they might be a little low on fluid. Then you slowly add fluid until the bong stops. This insures that when any of the jacks are still down more than 5", the bong will be sounding.

bobkatmsu
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2007 Safari, that was made by Monaco and my reservoir is in the same bin as the generator.
2010 Newmar Dutch Star DP
2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
ricelake922 wrote:
Why not check when jacks are down? I have one jack that is partially down but is not dangerous.

Because the fluid IN the jacks returns to the reservoir. If checked with jack/s down, either the jack/s will not fully retract because there is no place for the fluid to go, or IF the fill cap is vented the excess fluid will overflow onto the ground. Usually in a Dynasty the RVA pump/reservoir is behind the RF headlamp or under the entry steps. But another posted the best way---have someone operate the jacks and follow the noise of the pump to its location. Doug

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
When the jacks go down the oil is pumped out of the reservoir

ricelake922
Explorer
Explorer
Why not check when jacks are down? I have one jack that is partially down but is not dangerous.

samsphones
Explorer
Explorer
Do not check or fill when jacks are down

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
Have someone start to deploy the jacks while you are outside. You should easily hear where the pump is-- reservoir is there as well. Stow them and check fluid level.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/