cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Where is the coach battery for an Intervec Horizon 170?

e1ven
Explorer
Explorer
I recently bought a ~1997 InterVec Horizon van.

I'm interested in expanding the electrical system with some Lithium-ion batteries and solar, but I'm not sure where the current coach/rv battery is..

The manual suggests it should have a separate battery for the internals, but the included diagrams don't seem to tell me where to find it. I feel silly, but.. Can anyone point out where I can find it?

Thanks!
6 REPLIES 6

e1ven
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the suggestions, I greatly appreciate the help!

This model didn't have a tub, so I spent a few hours digging around under the back closets, and de-assembling and re-assembling them. On the downside, the battery wasn't there, but on the plus side, I did eventually find it.

Although it makes me look a bit silly, I figure I should share where I found it, in case someone else searches this page for it years from now ๐Ÿ™‚ The battery was in a really convenient location - It's right under the bed/couch. It was in a Vented RV Battery box, and I somehow convinced myself that was part of the furnace system, not electrical.

I really appreciate the help and advice. I had nearly convinced myself that somehow THIS Horizon didn't have a battery, but I'm glad I kept digging.

Thanks again.
CPD

lucytravel12
Explorer
Explorer
We had an Intervec Falcon 170 and the coach battery was under the closet floor - access was through the back door
2004 Pleasure-Way Plateau TD
1987 Intervec Falcon

"Rockin" Retirement

omjones
Explorer
Explorer
Roy...e1ven... that's under the seat in the bathtub. Sometimes there's a well under the floor there also and the battery might be under there too. Sometimes 2 batteries, 1 on the floor and 1 under the floor. Open the back door and look under the tub.
john 'I am Canadian'

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
I see the battery here but no idea where this is...

google image

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
I take it you've priced Li batteries?
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
might get on your back and look under the rv, or find the converter and follow the big wires backward. could be under a step,,seat,, etc.