cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where the Heck is My Fuse Panel (2001 Shasta)?

Johnny_Dearborn
Explorer
Explorer
I've looked high and low and haven't been able to find the fuse panel for the coach in my 2001 Shasta RV. I've looked through my user manuals but didn't see anything in there either. Anyone have any ideas?

I've looked:

- under the seats
- under the bed
- under the kitchen sink
- in the overhead cabinets

Where do they hide these things?

John
---
I've been around the world, but no place compares to what I've got in my own 48 state backyard.
6 REPLIES 6

Johnny_Dearborn
Explorer
Explorer
Found it! It was hiding in plain site. What I thought was merely an air intake vent was actually the panel for the fuses. It's on the side of one of the dining cubby seats.

I thought my problem may have been a blow fuse. Turns out that the GFI circuit had tripped. I didn't realize that the outside outlets are hooked up to the same circuit as the bathroom sink. I learn something every time I work on my rig.
---
I've been around the world, but no place compares to what I've got in my own 48 state backyard.

BobandShaz
Explorer
Explorer
In ours it was low on the drivers side on the bathroom wall
Bob and Sharon

2006 Winnebago Sightseer 29R Ford F53. Roadmaster Eagle 8000. 2001 Ford F150 7700 4x4. Still shopping for toad brakes. FMCA F286179

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
In this googl photo of the 1999 Shasta trailer it is located just below the oven shown here. The 120VAC and 12VDC Distribution Panel is inside the bottom unit close to the floor under the over shown here.

Perhaps you have the same layout in your 2001 model...

If that is an ELIXIR Power Unit you may only find a couple of 120VAC circuit breakers and 3-4 four 12VDC fuses inside it...

Found the converter/power distribution panel under the fridge near the floor in this 2001 SHasta trailer google photo..

DISREGARD ALL I was looking at TRAILERs not MOTORHOMEs...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

APRSRVer
Explorer
Explorer
I'd look in a cabinet somewhere near where the shore power hooks up to the RV

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer
I bet you have a piece of plastic somewhere on the wall, and you have no idea why it is there. Pick around it and it will hinge or flip off. Presto, your panel and switches.
Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel

Ka_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
Try this Coachman site for the 2001 Shasta Manual.....Coachmen RV Manuals

It looks to me like they use in line fuses for the 12 volt system.
They are within 12" of the battery.