cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to Advertise RV for sale.

Ranger_Smith
Explorer
Explorer
We recently purchased a home in Massachusetts where the kids live so we are going to just drive or fly there in the spring and not do the RV'ing for a while. Gonna put the Journey up for sale.

For those who sold their RV themselves . . . Where did you advertise it? What worked best? Would you do consignment. Seems every dealer who buys them will only give you what you owe on it if lucky. We are not upside down in ours.

Thanks
Where we are now

Amateur Radio Operator WW1SS . . . Flex 6500 PGXL and TGXL
Steve and Joy
2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . 2016 Lincoln MKX
The Doodles, Abbie & Abel
Baby and Kissie the Chihuahuas and Lucy the Biewere Yorkie
6 REPLIES 6

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
I like craigslist. It is free and takes common sense to use. Simply remember that sales are always only to people who come and see the RV and are either willing to meet you at the bank to pay or will give you cash.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
Ranger Smith, we used Motorhomes of Texas in Nacogdoches, TX, to consign our 2008 Monaco Dynasty in the fall of 2014.

It took 90 days to sell and I felt that we received a fair price. Excellent company to deal with. Included in the 'consignment' is a complete detail of the interior and exterior of your coach.

Safe travels,
MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

Ranger_Smith
Explorer
Explorer
Yea I know all those scams . . . I like to lead them along then get the sheriff involved. Like when I sold a boat. Shipping agent was coming to get it and sheriff was waiting for them when the agent got here.
Where we are now

Amateur Radio Operator WW1SS . . . Flex 6500 PGXL and TGXL
Steve and Joy
2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . 2016 Lincoln MKX
The Doodles, Abbie & Abel
Baby and Kissie the Chihuahuas and Lucy the Biewere Yorkie

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
Bought 2 and sold one on craigs list. Don't use you phone number or e-mail address in the ad. Let the CL proxy email do the comms.

BEWARE OF SCAMMERS

Do not even reply to any potential buyers where their response contains the following;

1. Will buy the "unit" sight unseen for asking price as long as the "unit" is in good condition
2. Is out of the country or on an offshore oil rig
3. Is buying the "unit" for his father
4. Will only deal with PayPal as a payment vessel
5. Will send an agent to complete the deal

This is a scam. This shows up on a lot of big ticket items selling on CL.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

mfox20
Explorer
Explorer
I have sold 2 on Craigslist (Free) in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. Sold both within 2 weeks. You need to research selling prices and/or determine what your asking price is. Great thing about Craigslist is if you are priced to high for the market, you won't get any calls. Then you can start reducing until the phone starts ringing.

Couple of tips for Craigslist....

Make them text or call, accept no emails, the listing will let you set this preference.

Show your number like 817-five55-11two7, prevents auto generated calls.

Add the max number of pictures and have many more available to send if you get serious lookers.

Scammers? Sometimes, but you got to be pretty stupid not to figure them out in about 2 seconds.

Good luck and let me know if you have any questions.
Michael

2000 Holiday Rambler Endeavor Gasser
2013 Honda CR-V Toad

1968mooney
Explorer
Explorer
Sold 2 MH. Both on RVTrader. Took the least expensive ad offered for the least amount of time. Sold the 1st to a couple in Pa. Sold the 2nd to a couple in Mi. I lived in Ga, at the time. Make good pictures keep the MH clean so it shows good. Also be sure the price is competitive.