cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

which Bplus has rear bed/dinette for tall person

Michael_J_
Explorer
Explorer
Howdy, My wife and I want to buy a used Bplus. We want a bed that is made up all of the time. I am thinking this requires a rear bed setup or a dinette that can be used as a bed setup full time. We can lump it without a dinette. And, we would like to sleep sideways in the Bplus. I assume most bplus campers can do this, as I am 6'1" tall. IF I can sleep sideways this will give lots of room forward of the bed. The question is this. I am wondering here in small town USA just which Bplus units I should zero in on. It is a huge job to look at specks on ALL class B motorhomes and figure out which are Bplus size. Then it a huge job to identify the rear bed/dinette models. Could someone help save me time and identify the rigs I am after please? Next question is because I live in small town USA I have been able to see very few of the Bplus rigs in the flesh. Is it true most Bplus rigs have 80 inches or more from side to side at the back? By the way, we have had several rvs without bathroom. This is fine, as we only use a bath for a hanging closet. You guessed it, we camp in the wilderness. Thanks for your time. ADDED LATER: For health reasons we need a Chevy or GMC. The reason is Dodge is a bad choice, Sprinters are too expensive, and Fords make their vans with an unpleasant passenger leg room area for a person with back issues.
10 REPLIES 10

Michael_J_
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for your input. Particularly names of rigs to look for. Also, Rolin, was there an issue with the seat belt not fitting the passenger due to the top strap anchor being too far forward when the seat is farther back? Your 2inch square pipe solution has me wondering if a Ford platform could work for my wife's seating issues. Do you have any other tips or observations to share?

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
the rialta had a corner bed unit.
bumpy

Rolin
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not aware of any B+ units with the corner bed that work well for tall persons. That said, we have an Aspect 26A B+ with the corner bed. My wife sleeps on the inside and I sleep on the outside so I have more room for my feet (6' 3" +). Our bed does not angle on the outside edge like some so that helps.

Ford does have some issues with leg room. I fixed that on our unit by using a 2 inch square tube to raise the seat and move it back, lots of room for the seat to slide back with the slide in. Makes a world of difference. Better leg position and easier to move back and fourth from cab to coach area.

On the used market: Trail lite, Montclair, and Auguasta B+ units can be found with a Chevy chassis. Then there are Leisure Vans units and some other higher end products that also come with the Chevy chassis. Seems that more and more new units now have the Chevy chassis option.

Good luck on your search.

burlmart
Explorer
Explorer
OP said no Dodge, But if you can find a used van Xplorer built in Michigan, they blew the rear walls out and put a rear king in one model that has a dually rear axle. Might be just the thing for boondockin'

http://www.uniqueautogear.com/unique_rvs/view_rv_details.php?MID=5677

That this was one of the 1st models to come to my mind made me think on just how well this unit functions as a B-plus. Even better than my rig, which is decalled 'B-Plus'.

I looked hard at the Xplorer when we were shopping in the early 2000s, but never got to see one.
2005 Trail Lite 213 B-Plus w/ 6.0 Chevy

rvten
Explorer
Explorer
We looked at a Dynamax Isata with twin rear beds.
But went with the Winnebago Aspect Class C.
Tom & Bonnie
Crossville, TN.
Aspect 29H 2008 Type C
Ford Flex SEL 2010
There is NO B+

burlmart
Explorer
Explorer
Now, to inform the OP.

Few rear beds are oriented sideways in B+ rigs. If you want used, look at Born Free Bed and Breakfast (rare), one long Born Frees had rear twins that likely make into a king, some Rialtas.

New...Pleasureway Pursuit.

Many Class Bs give what you want. Sportsmobile will do a sideways bed install in a B.

In a Class C, many longer ones have a rear queen that is lengthwise, and some newer ones have a rear side slide with a queen. Lazy Daze has a nice rear dinette model C.

For a few big $$s, LTV makes a nice B+ rear lengthwise queen.

burlmart
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
check out small Cs, that is really what a non-existant B+ is, without the front bed.
bumpy

I have a B+. Look around, they are everywhere.

Mike__Rose
Explorer
Explorer
Phoenix Cruiser, Coach House Coachman Concord, Lexington, just to get you started. I am 6'1" also and had trouble with the driver seat hitting the slide when I had the drivers seat pushed back.
See you on the road!

Michael_J_
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you Virginia, What I want is a van conversion with a wide body, and without the overhead. Class Bplus or small C, all the same to me. I need some help with names of manufacturers in order to begin zeroing in to shop. Anyone who can help is appreciated. Thnks, Michael

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
check out small Cs, that is really what a non-existant B+ is, without the front bed.
bumpy