cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which would you choose and why?

stan909
Explorer
Explorer
Same year,same price,similarly equipped. 2003 Roadtrek popular or Pleasureway Exel TD . Now. Have at it.
24 REPLIES 24

topless
Explorer
Explorer
Buying parts is not a big problem, yet. I just really don't like Dodge in any form. It's my personal opinion and based on my personal experiences. Others love them, I don't have a problem with that, but like I said, Dodge vans are the only vehicles that ever left me stranded on the side of the road. Couldn't keep front ends aligned, handled like******and transmissions didn't last more than 70k miles without a complete overhaul. Wasn't just 1, I had the same experiences with 3 vans, all that chassis. I don't like them. If you gave me one, I'd trade it before it broke. Again, my opinion, not meant to diss others.

Islandman
Explorer
Explorer
X2

jjrai
Explorer
Explorer
I do not think you will have any trouble finding parts for the Dodge. There are millions on the road! Add in the pick-ups, which share many of the parts, and it shows that there remains a huge demand for Dodge van parts.

girasoledonna
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the advice. I've found a 2003 Dodge Roadtrek with just 29,000 miles and they are asking $22,000. Its in amazing shape. This is the only thing keeping me from buying it - that its on a Dodge Chasis. So you think I would not be able to find parts then for this... seeing how it was discontinued 10 years ago? Yes, I'm thinking long term ownership - at least 5 years.

topless
Explorer
Explorer
That dodge chassis has been out of production for 10 years now. Something to consider if you plan on a long term ownership.
Personally, I would use a GM or Ford chassis over any of those old Dodge. That's just me, the only vehicles that ever left me on the side of the road, was those older Dodge trucks. I still carrya grudge.

girasoledonna
Explorer
Explorer
and will i have a difficult time finding parts for the dodge?

girasoledonna
Explorer
Explorer
Hey while we're discussing "driveability" any thoughts on a 2003 Road trek on a 190 Poplar Dodge Chassic 318 engine?

bobojay5
Explorer
Explorer
Our first class B was bought from a side by side comparison. A RT 190 vs a PW Lexor. Both on Chevy chassis.
We bought the Lexor because it was obvious that the interior quality and layout was better suited for us.
Bob & Sharon
Eastern Kansas
2013 Winnebago ERA 70A
Class B Van

Shunpikers
Explorer
Explorer
Have to agree. Storage is minimal in any class B and Roadtrek's multi-functional space and fixtures are a huge benefit. So much space devoted to the bathroom seems a waste. One sink is enough for me and, for sitting on the toilet, there's actually more legroom in the Roadtrek because your feet are in the aisle. We've never used the aisle-shower in ours but it looks like it would also be less cramped than the one in the Pleasureway.

pgh1aB
Explorer
Explorer
We are considering Good Sam extended warranty for purchase of 1999 Dodge Saratoga. Adds $1000+purchase to the cost, but with original equipment wondering if worth the added expense in long run.

senf
Explorer
Explorer
We had a 1996 Dodge chassis Roadtrek 190V for eleven years. Our present vehicle (see signature) is light years ahead for driveability and handling. The interior of the old version is preferred. Life is a compromise!!!
"Drive with Care, Life has no Spare!"
2008 Roadtrek C190V 6.0L Hella Fog, Nighthawk Driving, Halogen Reverse Lights, Fiamma Air Horn, Firestone Air Bags, Custom Bed & Mattress, Custom O/Head Tray. website www.sen-f.ca

pgh1aB
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks. I can't find much info on line about this model. I`ve looked at older RT & PW but didn`t quite fit. We`re having Peb Boy inspection for basics first... then saying prayers! My long time dream, hubby sceptical.

Escargot
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2003 Pleasure Way Excel TD, V8, Dodge chassis, so I'm biased.
No problems so far! Also, RT, or any B with a driver side galley is a deal breaker for me.
2006 Pleasure Way Plateau TS, MB Sprinter

pgh1aB
Explorer
Explorer
Looking at a 99 coachmen dodge 350 saratoga...any advice? It looks good so far, rides well, but first rv...so lots of ??