cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Boosters - New models??

travelingbard
Explorer
Explorer
Hiya! I know there have been some advances in Wifi boosters lately, so I was curious as to what people would recommend now.

More interested in a higher end model with hotspot features so a couple of computers, smart TV, etc can all access at once (not a simple USB model).

Looks like the "good" packages are in the 350.00-600.00 range +/-. Any comments about the new models that are out there??

Thanks!
Chris
--
2003 Fleetwood Flair 33R
Musician/Composer & Graphic Artist Onboard (plus 2 cats)
7 REPLIES 7

travelingbard
Explorer
Explorer
Pogoil wrote:
Some parks have banned these devices. When parks get busy they often limit you to 1 or 2 devices per person. And yes the router firmware can detect these devices and how many connections are going through them. A majority of the parks do not monitor their WIFI and in that case no problem using one of these.

Connecting a smart TV in my opinion is not acceptable as streaming causes the WIFI in most parks to degrade rapidly and then we all complain.

Pogoil.

It's not always a park setting where you would want the boost. We also have Xfinity's wifi anywhere it's available, but signal strength can vary. The booster will work on that. As with anything, it's up to the user to be respectful of other people's needs with bandwidth in a full park, but wifi isn't limited to RV and state/national parks anymore...
--
2003 Fleetwood Flair 33R
Musician/Composer & Graphic Artist Onboard (plus 2 cats)

Pogoil
Explorer
Explorer
Some parks have banned these devices. When parks get busy they often limit you to 1 or 2 devices per person. And yes the router firmware can detect these devices and how many connections are going through them. A majority of the parks do not monitor their WIFI and in that case no problem using one of these.

Connecting a smart TV in my opinion is not acceptable as streaming causes the WIFI in most parks to degrade rapidly and then we all complain.

Pogoil.

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
If you want a "Ready to go" package that works very well:

http://wavewifi.com/products/rogue-wave/

We have been using one for the last 5 years on both sail boat and on the motorhome and are very pleased with both its range and speed.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
jorbill2or wrote:
Here
A good example of reasonable price and what you want

Thanks for the good link and it's something I'll buy BUT found it on Ebay for about 40% less. I've been using a USB/Yagi antenna with good results but it takes one for each puter
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45’...

jorbill2or
Explorer II
Explorer II
Here
A good example of reasonable price and what you want
Bill

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
This has worked quite well for several years. It's not a "New Model" however the firmware has just been upgraded.

You can log on as many users as you want to without a problem.

I have attached the antenna to my TV antenna and crank it up when I need to increase the range when parked far from the campground's WiFi antenna.

What I use.
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes

Dennis_M_M
Explorer
Explorer
We won a WiFi Ranger as a door prize at Escapade in Goshen last year (thank you WFR!) and it does that very well. Picks up park WiFi from a good distance, boosts it and puts out a new signal. Moving around we only need to change password on one component, phones, Kindles, etc. stay set on the Ranger password.

I mounted the antenna on the ladder, ran cable through rear wall onto a cabinet over the rear window, wired it into the wall washer light circuit under the cabinets and removed the bulbs so I can turn it on and off with the wall switch,
'99 Volvo VNL610 - 425 HP Volvo; Super 10 Spd
'13 smart CityFlame on Volvo
'05 Newmar Mountain Aire 35 BLKS
Trailer Saver; Bigfoot; Pressure-Pro.
Our Travel Blog - A New Adventure