cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will any of these MODS effect ride quality ?

oregon2
Explorer
Explorer
2014 Ford E350 Chassis 25' Class C

Just had rear Roadmaster sway bar (replacing stock bar), Rear Trac Bar, Koni FSD shocks front and rear, and Safe-T-Plus steering control installed. Moderate potholes now illicit more of a rough response than I had before. Can any of these effect ride quality? ................ I was told "no"........???
Looking 🙂
16 REPLIES 16

the_armadillo
Explorer
Explorer
Now I see that you actually replaced a stock bar. The Roadmaster sway bar is most likely much stiffer than the stock bar (which are sometimes even hollow). A stiffer sway bar will transfer more shock encountered on one side to both sides thus given a slightly harsher response. But at the same time that stiffer bar is more resistant to roll or body lean.

Also have seen some reports that the Koni FSD's have a break in period after which they ride smoother.

Lastly, make sure your tire pressures are correct for actual weight and placement on the vehicle (single/dual). Go to tire manufacturer site, not necessarily door sticker unless updated by coach manufacturer.

the_armadillo
Explorer
Explorer
The sway bar can actually give you a slightly harsher response to potholes since some of that shock will now be transfered to both sides of the suspension. The sway bar is meant to control sway or lean of the rig by somewhat tying both sides of the suspension together via a torsion type spring bar. Whereas you were more independent from side to side before albeit tied together by a solid axle housing. The track bar can also transfer a little rear axle shock to the frame as well. However, both of these effects should not be severe and overall handling with the modifications you mention should be greatly improved. The FSD shocks are not manually adjustable and should be an improvement over OEM shocks.

I would suggest however to have your installer go for a ride and also do a once over to make sure everything is tight and installed correctly.