cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fleetwood and Bounder Owners 2002 to 2008

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
Looking to see if any issues on these years of Fleetwood RV's, mostly Bounder owners, the reason I am asking is I see threads about Thor's many issues and Winnebago rusting front window issues.

I have owned my 2008 Bounder 32W for a year now and its been a great so far, no issues, just wondering if others with years 2002 to 2008 pre BK owners what has been your issues, any problems with leaks, slideouts, electric, full body paint issues, etc..

:C
28 REPLIES 28

emorris548
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2008 Bounder 38V. DP. Bought it 15 months ago with 19K and after touring the USA, I now have 34 K on the coach. Things need maintiance a have had normal wear and tear. The most expensive cost was to replace the 'freightliner' engine cooling fan $1600. Many post about windows. SEGI Windows were installed on many coaches though out the industry, and had the most failures for fogging. When checking out a coach to buy inspect each window for fogging. My last Coach a Southwind ran $2500 to have the windows pulled and cleaned!

nedemez
Explorer
Explorer
Have had a 2006 38N Bounder since 2007. The drive side slideout motor stopped functioning this week. I believe it is a broken gear since I had a similar situation on the passenger side about three years ago. The power gear motor was a 523900. I wonder if they make a better motor for this application since this is the second slideout motor which has broken teeth on the gears. I was able to hand crank the slideout in by disconnecting it from the motor and it moved freely so I don't understand what's causing the problem other than a potential inadequate design. If anyone knows of a better solution for replacing the existing gear motor, please let me know.

w4phj
Explorer
Explorer
No serious problems. Refer recalls and my fuel level gauge stopped working. Traced it to a bad sender unit. Had an air bag get punctured.
2021 Winnebago View 24J
2021 Ram pick up
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Ham Radio Extra Class Volunteer Examiner
FAA A&P License

1969 Plymouth Road Runner

chili_s_trip
Explorer II
Explorer II
timmac wrote:
dtgunner7 wrote:
timmac wrote:
You have rebuilt the electric jacks 5 times, maybe they were just bad built, should get newer ones next time around.

You need to read a little better replaced (warranty), then rebuild as brake goes bad, this is a problem Fleetwood said that why they don't use electric jacks anymore...

I went back and read your post and yes you replaced but also said rebuild 5 times, that seems like a lot since 2007, maybe the electric are not so good for the heavier diesel models, but so far my electric jacks are doing fine, but my RV is lighter..

X2 Knock on wood!
2005 Fleetwood Bounder 32W 8.1.
2009 Honda Fit Sport

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
dtgunner7 wrote:
timmac wrote:
You have rebuilt the electric jacks 5 times, maybe they were just bad built, should get newer ones next time around.

You need to read a little better replaced (warranty), then rebuild as brake goes bad, this is a problem Fleetwood said that why they don't use electric jacks anymore...

I went back and read your post and yes you replaced but also said rebuild 5 times, that seems like a lot since 2007, maybe the electric are not so good for the heavier diesel models, but so far my electric jacks are doing fine, but my RV is lighter..

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
Wow so far a lot of fogged window issues, that scares me some, I heard certain years had the bad windows and newer years did not, thought my 08 had the newer windows, so far all mine are clear..

chili_s_trip
Explorer II
Explorer II
Fogged windows, replaced main slide motor/gear box and step motor this year. Power surge toke out microwave, converter, refer circuit board last year. This coach does not own me anything. Good luck.
Jack H
2005 Fleetwood Bounder 32W 8.1.
2009 Honda Fit Sport

dtgunner7
Explorer
Explorer
timmac wrote:

LindaD
Explorer
Explorer
We recently sold our 2008 Bounder 35E, we were the original owners. Issues were: several windows fogged, shower enclosure cracked in several places,replaced one slide motor,undercarriage severe rust,crack in exterior fiberglass near water heater, unawares to us there were several leaks in the roof that hadn't reached interior (dealer discovered on trade in)front tires had unusual wearing on outer tread,power front windshield shade motor failed. My husband maintained it regularly so these didn't result from abuse or neglect. That being said we loved the rig and feel that it served us well, would buy one again. We sold it recently to upgrade to a new rig (diesel)in anticipation of a future cross country trip and more MPG's with the diesel, which has happily occurred. Our MPG's have just about doubled and we are very satisfied with the ride, handling, braking and overall performance of the new moho.

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
So far most of what I am hearing is mostly maintenance stuff and a few bad parts here and there, looks like not a mention of structural issues or roof leak issues..

I am right now in the middle of building and installing a carport cover for my Bounder to protect it from the sun, maybe I will take pics of my build and finish work and post it on here.

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
dtgunner7 wrote:
Electric Jacks, replaced, rebuild, at least 5times. Electric steps, new motor. Turn signal assembly replaced. 2007 Diesel Bounder-34,000 miles. Good LUCK!!!!

dtgunner7
Explorer
Explorer
Electric Jacks, replaced, rebuild, at least 5times. Electric steps, new motor. Turn signal assembly replaced. 2007 Diesel Bounder-34,000 miles. Good LUCK!!!!

hottubkid
Explorer
Explorer
Guess I'm the lucky one. I had major problems from the start. Could list most but do you have a half an hour. I was thrown off the Fleetwood forum because I told the truth about my coach and the problems I had to start with. Took over two years to fix them. At that point all worked except for the rear escape window. I have 84 K on the coach and love it now would not work with the old Fleetwood again. But the new Fleetwood works well with me.
hottubkid60193@yahoo.com
2004 SOUTHWIND 36E Tow 2003 CRV

eadeal55
Explorer
Explorer
Now in our 10th summer with our Bounder with no major problems. To date, we have replaced the following:
- mattress (only took 10 nights to make me get rid of the original one)
- rear electric jack (gears busted)
- front TV (lightning got it)
- fridge coil (leaked)
- rear AC (burnt up)
- tires (at the 8 year mark - 27K miles)
- same rear jack (sheer pin busted)
- main slide motor/gear (busted off 4-5 gears)
- fridge roof vent (dry rotted)
- wiper blades - twice

no roof leaks or other issues, no cloudy windows. We replaced the original carpet/vinyl with high grade place/stick vinyl, and got rid of the original cloth recliner for a leather euro recliner

the gelcoat sides are showing some sun checking, but all the vinyl stripes have held their color/shape. Roof is in great shape.

At 33,500 miles, it still drives like new, but DW wants a new one with a rear bath and half bath for the GKids, and I would like full body paint...easier to keep up with.
Andy & Lee + Molly, the 4 lb Chihuahua
2020 Tiffin Wayfarer 25RW...towing a
2007 Chevy HHR LT2 w/2.4L EcoTec,
Blue Ox Aventa LX, Brake Buddy Classic
FMCA #F359977 - Colonial Virginians, Past President 2012-14, 2018