Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will others copy Unity Fx?

cruz-in
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all,

Was noting how unique and fresh the new Leisure Travel Unity FX is. This got me wondering if/when other manufacturers (maybe less expensive ones) will incorporate some of the concepts.

If you are interested in class c on sprinter chassis, I encourage you to check it out on leisure travel website... Pretty unique approach to layout... Not affiliated with the company, just thought they did a pretty good job thinking out of the box on this one...
2011 Monaco Vesta
Interesting Coach
This particular one was the prototype.
11 REPLIES 11

cruz-in
Explorer
Explorer
Concur, we have been in lots of Class C's. Surprised at how similar they all really are. As pointed out here, there are some drawbacks, however nice to see some fresh thinking...they deserve credit for a little out-of-the-box thinking....
2011 Monaco Vesta
Interesting Coach

PSW
Explorer
Explorer
Amazingly creative layout. This is, of course, a Class C but it takes some redoing to utilize all its features more like a Class B. Personally, I would have a real hard time choosing a model from those available. It seems each, as usual, has its advantages and disadvantages. The exterior storage is significantly variable between models as well.

Hopefully, other manufacturers will learn something from these designs and build them on something other than the MB chassis.
PSW
2013 Phoenix Cruiser 2350
2014 Jeep Cherokee behind it
and a 2007 Roadtrek 210P for touring

cruz-in
Explorer
Explorer
toedtoes wrote:
cruz-in wrote:
With the slide extended, and Murphy bed down, you could walk around the bed... So no having to climb over someone in middle of night... Also with the foot stools our you could easily walk past...

Sure doesn't show that in the photos. The photos show about 5 inches of space between the end of the bed and the cupboard; and the foot stools are shown to go right to the cupboard.

check out the video, you will see the gent walking around the bed when it is down. The one in the video is a 2016. Salesman told us on the 2017s they have modified things a bit so there is even more room to walk around. can even put the MB down with the slide in.
2011 Monaco Vesta
Interesting Coach

toedtoes
Explorer III
Explorer III
cruz-in wrote:
With the slide extended, and Murphy bed down, you could walk around the bed... So no having to climb over someone in middle of night... Also with the foot stools our you could easily walk past...

Sure doesn't show that in the photos. The photos show about 5 inches of space between the end of the bed and the cupboard; and the foot stools are shown to go right to the cupboard.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

cruz-in
Explorer
Explorer
"I don't find the murphy beds that great either. When they're down, the ability to move around them is pretty much obsolete. In this layout, if you're the person sleeping on the cab side and have to get up in the middle of the night to pee - you're climbing all over your partner.

I also don't like the recliners. Again, when they are reclined, you have no ability to move past them. So if one person decides to take a nap in their recliner, the other person is stuck on one side of it or the other."

We found neither of these to be true:

With the slide extended, and Murphy bed down, you could walk around the bed... So no having to climb over someone in middle of night... not sure what you mean by recliners. There are no recliners in this design...althought with the foot stools out you could easily walk past...
2011 Monaco Vesta
Interesting Coach

toedtoes
Explorer III
Explorer III
I don't find the murphy beds that great either. When they're down, the ability to move around them is pretty much obsolete. In this layout, if you're the person sleeping on the cab side and have to get up in the middle of the night to pee - you're climbing all over your partner.

I also don't like the recliners. Again, when they are reclined, you have no ability to move past them. So if one person decides to take a nap in their recliner, the other person is stuck on one side of it or the other.

But, I'll admit, I don't see my RV as a "home". I don't want it to be like my home. It's my RV and I like that it has a different feel to it.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Triple E has been using a Murphy bed for some years in a Class C.

http://tripleerv.com/company/index.html
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

coolmom42
Explorer II
Explorer II
Quite honestly I don't care for the Murphy bed floor plan. Too much space for just sitting around---who needs 2 living areas? And not enough space for sleeping without going through a lot of rearranging.

For a couple, the island or twin bed floor plans seem most practical. For someone traveling alone, the corner bed is a good use of space.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

cruz-in
Explorer
Explorer
Link to pdf of floorplan:

Unity Flex Floor Plan

Link to video:

Unity Flex video
2011 Monaco Vesta
Interesting Coach

cruz-in
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah concur...hence my question on when a less expensive builder (like forest river) might copy aspects of the floor plan..

We got a chance to go thru one and it was amazing how
functional and big it felt... We also went into a more conventional Murphy bed design and it felt so much smaller...
2011 Monaco Vesta
Interesting Coach

Kavoom
Explorer
Explorer
I can't disagree. Interesting. Actually quite nice how they pack so much in comfortably. I just watched a video on the Murphy Bed Option. I'd buy it in a minute. That is the best, most efficient use of Space I have ever seen.

Unfortunately my lottery ticket didnt' come through yesterday...