cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Winnebago Inverter NLA

mmccray100
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 1999 Winnebago Chieftain. I somehow left my surge protector at my home base in New Mexico, and of course for the first time I plugged into a bad outlet.
It took out my transfer switch, which has been replaced. Everything worked until it didn't.
2 days after the TS was replaced I noticed my cabin lights seemed dim. The next morning, I had no 12v. Since no 12V, all the appliances that need 12V to power their circuit boards no longer worked... Refer, Thermostat (no AC), hot water heater, and no lights.
Checking the circuit breaker panel, I saw the breaker labled "Refer/Inverter" was tripped. I reset it, heard the "growl" of AC arc and it tripped again. The "growl" came from under the Refer where the inverter is located.
The Winn part # is 099048-03-00. No Longer Available per Winn parts. I'm hoping someone has been here before me and can help me with a suitable replacement part information.
I'm in Wyoming workamping until after Labor Day. I'm about 100 miles from SLC right on I-80
TIA for your help
Mike
2 REPLIES 2

jerseyjim
Explorer
Explorer
I would vote for an CONverter/charger. Far less $$ then a INverter/charger. Suggest you have a RV tech come out to you and diagnose exactly what you need.

CONverters get "weak" over time. Replacement is cheap ($200 more or less) and easy.

INverters simply fail. Expensive. ($800-100 more or less) I never really used mine...and when it failed it was simply removed/bypassed. Everything works fine.

FWIW and G'luck !

MrWizard
get a portable battery charger
connect it to your batteries
this will keep your batteries charged until you can replace the fried unit

are you sure this is an inverter ?
do you mean
converter aka charger

did certain outlets have 110v, even with no shore power no generator
an inverter makes 110v from battery power
and inverter/charger combo units cost some heavy $$

if you have shore power, a charger will save your bacon, until you can get a suitable replacement for the dead unit
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s