cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Winnebago Navion or equivalent

two_travelers
Explorer
Explorer
Have seen a few Navions on the road and wonder if it would work for us. I believe that some one makes one on a Ford chassis who?? Liked the 24G model with walk around bed. With two slides is it limited as to how much you can carry? I know some A's and C's are at or near max weight before you sit in it.
7 REPLIES 7

CharlesinGA
Explorer
Explorer
Phoenix Cruiser also puts a coach on the Sprinter Chassis.

Charles
2007 Winnebago View 523H on a 2006 Dodge (Daimler-Chrysler aka Mercedes) Sprinter 3500 chassis (T1N). Bought Sept 2015 with 18K miles on it, Prog Ind HW30C, Prog Dymanics PD4645, Chill Grille, PML/Yourcovers.com deep alum trans pan, AutoMeter 8558 trans temp gauge, Roadmaster sway bar, Fantastic Ultra Breeze hood, added OEM parabolic mirrors and RH aspherical mirror.
'03 Ram 2500 CTD, 5.9HO six speed, PacBrake Exh Brake, std cab, long bed, Leer top and 2008 Bigfoot 25B21RB.. previously (both gone) 2008 Thor/Dutchman Freedom Spirit 180 & 2007 Winnebago View 23H Motorhome.

two_travelers
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all who shared their knowledge. Great information!!

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
Several manufacturers are still using the heavier E-series chassis for B+ and C motorhomes, but they won't be called Navion because that is Winnebago's brand name for a C on the Sprinter platform. Some things to look at:

Winnebago's Aspect and Cambria lines, although models under 27 feet have been shifted to newer, lighter chassis.

Phoenix Cruiser (direct sales and custom builds) starting at 21 feet and up to at least 27 feet.

Coachmen Concord line from Forest River.

Coachhouse Platinum series 22 to 28 feet on E-450 platform.

If you are looking for used, there used to be many more models of this (B+) type built on E-450, E-350 and comparable Chevrolet 3500/4500 chassis, but more recently the market has been moving to more economical (but pricier) platforms like the Sprinter, and the slightly lighter Transit, or much lighter and lower cost Ram Promaster to reach a lower price point.

Building to near max weight is an issue for most platforms and manufacturers, you'll find few building 10,000 pound motorhomes on 14,500 GVWR chassis. Coachhouse is one of the few that offers some models with an excess of unused weight capacity.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

Olddud
Explorer
Explorer
The Fuse has less weight ratings and tow capability then the View. No overhead bed either --- if any of that makes a difference to you.

The "View" (or Navion) 24G has less OCCC then the other two models, similarly equipped , because the rear bed slide is very heavy. I studied the heck out of the 3 models, wanted the G, but determined it wouldn't fit my needs for OCCC. I remember the G weighing about 200 lbs more than the V, and 150 lbs more than the J.

Dakzuki
Explorer
Explorer
We've had a Navion for 5 years now and it's been just dandy. The Ford Transit chassis has a lower gross weight rating than the Sprinter so they have made smaller RVs to fit it.
2011 Itasca Navion 24J
2000 Chev Tracker Toad

Gonzo42
Explorer
Explorer
Our View suits the two of us just fine, and we can take 2 more adults and 2 kids with us if we want. Its on the Sprinter chassis with the Mercedes 3.0L Turbo diesel engine in the front.
Storage space is somewhat limited with a C this size, so I have a cargo rack on the back. In addition I haul a toad and I get 15 MPG.
Winnebago has floor plans for many model years. See https://winnebagoind.com
MOTHER SHIP Winnebago View 24H (2007 Dodge Sprinter 3500 Chassis, 2008 Body)3.0 L M-B Diesel V6 bought used with 24K miles. Toad: ROCKY the Flying Squirrel.

dicknellen
Explorer II
Explorer II
The Fuse is Winnebago's new C on the new Ford chassis. Navions twin is the View. Go to www.winnebagoind.com and click on the C to see models. Dick