cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Winnebago park brake issue

wazdafuz
Explorer
Explorer
2008 Winnebago Adventurer Limited GL 38 on workhorse chassis recently I have experienced problems with the braking system. While driving the check abs warning light and hydraulic brake warning light came on the park brake indicator light is also on. The brakes function normally during this time. The real problem is that when I stop and put the transmission in park and turn off the engine then restart the engine the park brake will not release. After an extended "cool down" period the brake released. This has occurred twice in the last month. I have had the coach to a workhorse service center they replaced a ground wire but the problem happened again. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions as to the real problem and solution?
3 REPLIES 3

creeper
Explorer
Explorer
Good luck, I hope it's something minor.

wazdafuz
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the reply. Sounds like another trip to workhorse.

creeper
Explorer
Explorer
Common problem with winnebago. Depending on braking system it could be a cheap fix or cost you thousands. Had the same problem on my 2008 winnebago, the braking system they use will show a ABS light problem and it's the entire hydraulic brake system.

Cost for our part. $6,000.00. I thought the braking was normal also, but the Winnebago tech informed me I was only operating on front brakes. He said after a short period it would go to no brakes.

The tech told me he sees the problem after long periods of sitting or a bunch ofr dead battery starts which destroy the unit. The brake system needs to be exercised.

Get it to Workhorse immediately. Don't play with your braking system.