cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Winter cover recommendation

Vintmxman
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone have a recommendation for a quality winter cover for our 30 four winds? Snow and ice protection needed. Wholesale sources of supplier ? How are the covers measured, by box length or overall actual length. I am in Northeastern, Pa.
Thanks in advance
6 REPLIES 6

Navy_Bob
Explorer
Explorer
Agree with EMD360 that the PermaPro is best. It is much less bulky and lighter which is great for getting it in place. Has straps and click snaps at all tie down points.
Most important is whether your mirrors can be rotated to fold. If non-folding you need a cover with triple zippers where the mirrors are. Without the triple zippers you will not be able to secure the cover properly.
Bought it on Amazon for a good price but it will probably be shipped FedEx Ground from Washington.
Using it on a Jayco Melbourne 26 foot and the 26 to 29 model fits well.
Bob
2 vocal & energetic mini Schnauzers
2014 Jayco Melbourne 26A Class B+
2014 Cedar Creek 36CKTS
2012 Ford Fusion Hybrid Toad

EMD360
Explorer
Explorer
I like ours. It is a PermaPro Heavy Duty cover and it was at a "discount" through Amazon. We have only used it one winter season, and except for a small hole that was rubbed into the bottom by the bumper last year, it looks like it will hold up for many years.
I like that it is lightweight ripstop nylon material like a tent. Considering what tents cost, this cover seems like quite a bargain. Just be sure to choose a windless day to put it on!
2018 Minnie Winnie 25b New to us 3/2021
Former Rental Owners Club #137
2003 Itasca Spirit 22e 2009-2021

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
Adco Tyvek has served me well in those conditions. Got mine at CW. They're generally on sale this time of year.
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

โ€œCertainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

ronfisherman
Bill & Kate wrote:
We had a cheapie non woven one that only lasted a couple of seasons. Have a CalMark now - semi-custom made to our measurements in the USA from Sunbrella brand woven fabric (also made in the USA) and includes heavy duty zippers and straps. A little pricey, but well worth it in our opinion .....

X2. But will not find one at a discount. Mine is 9 years old. Has some repairs. But still protects the motor home.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
put up a metal half cover you,ve seen them like a half of a pole bldg.

Bill___Kate
Explorer
Explorer
We had a cheapie non woven one that only lasted a couple of seasons. Have a CalMark now - semi-custom made to our measurements in the USA from Sunbrella brand woven fabric (also made in the USA) and includes heavy duty zippers and straps. A little pricey, but well worth it in our opinion .....
Bill & Kate - Stone Harbor, NJ
w/ Bailey (standard poodle) and Zeke (partipoodle)- both rescues
2018 Ford F-250 Super Duty Crew Cab w/ 6.2L gasser
2014 Forest River Wildcat 272RLX fifth wheel