cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Wiper blade replacement on '08 Bounder

65FalconLover
Explorer
Explorer
This might be the dumbest question of the day but I'm trying to replace the wipers on our '08 Bounder and cannot figure out how to do it. Yes, I've replaced countless wiper blades over my life and even before you just pulled off the entire arm like they do now. I bought a set of Trico blades at Camping World and they came with three types of attachments for the blades. For the life of me I cannot see how any would work on my rig. Mine are attached by two small screws but none of the three attachment's have this type of deal.

Do I remove/replace this part with another type supplied with the blades or am I still off base here?

John
9 REPLIES 9

-Gramps-
Explorer
Explorer
Best place to get advice from is Diesel Equipment company wiper division in Greensboro NC. Call em and ask any question about wipers for a Motorhome and based on my experience they will have an answer for you.

BTERK62
Explorer
Explorer
had the same problem with my 2008 Fleetwood discovery, found on line an a adapter from anco that works with all wipers with j hook, cost was
a few bucks

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
On my coach, I just used a Dremel grinder to cut off the head of the pin in the new 28" wiper blade that I got at Walmart. Once that pin was removed, it left a hole that I could use to bolt the new blade assembly to my wiper arm.

eadeal55
Explorer
Explorer
Ran into the same problem a couple months back. Originally bought the entire wiper blade assembly from Auto Zone, and took off the old ones where the two screws attach it, but none of the supplied attachments would work. Ended up buying just the 26 in blade inserts, and left the blade holder attached to the wiper arm.

When I took those blade assemblies back to Auto Zone, and told the guy that none of the attachments would fit, he pulled out a box of different wiper blade attachment fittings from under the counter, and sure enough, there was one there that would have worked.

Next time I buy wiper blades, I'll be sure to ask for the special attachments from the box under the counter.
Andy & Lee + Molly, the 4 lb Chihuahua
2020 Tiffin Wayfarer 25RW...towing a
2007 Chevy HHR LT2 w/2.4L EcoTec,
Blue Ox Aventa LX, Brake Buddy Classic
FMCA #F359977 - Colonial Virginians, Past President 2012-14, 2018

wny_pat1
Explorer
Explorer
Are you talking about the "saddle" at the end of the arm that the wipers ride in? Maybe someone swapped your so you can run regular wipers with the small adaptors.
โ€œAll journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.โ€

65FalconLover
Explorer
Explorer
Blaster Man wrote:
On my coach, I replaced the blades only, and tossed all the rest of the hardware that came with them...arms, screws, hooks, etc.

I thought about that too but the new ones are a different type of rubber blade that doesn't come out of the frame. I've got them mounted now and used a small spacer between the arm bracket and new blades and it should be fine. I'll keep looking and I kept the adapters in case I find the "right way" to install them.

John

Blaster_Man
Explorer
Explorer
On my coach, I replaced the blades only, and tossed all the rest of the hardware that came with them...arms, screws, hooks, etc.
2014 American Eagle

65FalconLover
Explorer
Explorer
I removed all of the supplied adapters and the original arm "head" will attach to the new wiper but it doesn't look right to me - it's a little sloppy. ๐Ÿ˜ž I'm sure it'll work okay but it just doesn't look right to me. If nothing else I'll look around and talk with others this next week while we're camping. I'll just bring the adapters along for the ride and maybe I'll find a use for them! :W

If someone has had this issue before I'll be around and checking back until the weekend. ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks!

John

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
They could have given you the wrong type or you reuse the part that the screws are threw. On mine I reuse the bracket with the screws. Sorry no help here.