cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wipers on 2007 newmar dutchstar

dominobeach
Explorer
Explorer
wipers on our 2007 newmar dutchstar would move to far to the drivers side and hang up on the weather striping around the windshield. Would have stop and move them back on the windshield. Had the wiper motor replaced,they work better but still travels all the way over to the edge of windshield and did catch on the weather striping a couple of times , the motor did move the wipers back. does anyone have fix for this problems?
7 REPLIES 7

kiwiiam
Explorer
Explorer
I had the same coach when it was new. The Drivers side Wiper fell off on a cross country trip. I fixed it temporarily to get home, Had it fixed under warranty but still had an issue. I took it to my local shop in So. Cal, he was convinced that one of the parts was installed incorrectly. I told him to fix it, never experienced another problem on it.
Kiwiiam
Elipse
Silverado

dominobeach
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info will try moving the arms and will contact newmar for their solution.

Westenthal
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 07 Dutch Star and yes the wipers are terrible. Newmar looked at them a couple years ago at the Newmar International Rally but didn't help. What I did that helped a lot was to fabricate a bracket that mounts to the wiper motor and back to some studs that were sticking out of the fire wall. Really stopped the excess movement from the motor. I also replaced the 32" blades with 28" ones. Does not get stuck anymore. Had I not been able to improve on this I was ready to come down on Newmar with a Safety issue.
Westenthal

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
Just had the same problem on a Monaco. Replaced arm, repositioned it and is setting correctly.
No more hanging up over the rubber seal around the windshield.

imgoin4it
Explorer
Explorer
Had the same problem on our 2007 Kountry Star DP. The very first time I turned them on they went did this and stirpped the ridges off the cone that tightens the wipers on the shaft. Thr next three years with my wipers were an absolute nightmare. Went to factory, wipers repaired. same problem. My wipers system was repaired numerous times at numerous places , all under warranty (at least six times) and still did not work properly. Newmar replaced the system, still did not work, finally Newmar replaced the entire system the second time and it now works great. I seriously doubt that your wipers will ever work until they are totally replaced with a new and different wiper syatem. Were I you I'd be on the phone with Newmar and never let up until they were fixed.
Howard,Connie,& Bella,
One spoiled schnauzer
2007 Newmar KSDP
4dr Jeep Wrangler

slickest1
Explorer
Explorer
A couple years ago we were parked next to a 07 Dutch Star and the fellow told me the wipers were a real problem on it right from new. Maybe Newmar has a fix?
1998 Holiday Rambler Imperial 40 ft.
Dennis and Marcie and Pup the Jack Russell

i5trucker
Explorer
Explorer
Try taking the wiper arm off the motor output shaft, moving the arm a spline or two and putting it back on the shaft.