cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Workhorse Ignition Sw

ca_HARTS
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2004 Fleetwood Flair on a P32 Workhorse and on recent trip the ignition sw went bad. It was replaced and I am back up and running. The problem I am having is my engine battery will not stay at full charge since this happened. I also notice that the gear lever has to be in just the right position in park to get the key out. I did not have this problem before. Any know if the adjustment on the ignition switch could be the problem causing the battery to loose charge?

I am also in process of getting the relay upgrade installed, but that is not yet done.

Thanks

Tom
Tom
3 REPLIES 3

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Somewhat odd. My new switch had instructions in the box along with some diagrams.
Basically the following.
Lower steering wheel tilt
put the ignition switch in lock
should be a small tang sticking out of lock assembly This lines up with switch opening. If in wrong position the switch will be outside of the opening. making way out of adjustment.
I then had to loosen screws and slide the switch slightly to get the switch from sticking.
I would try to find out what brand and model of switch was put in to see if there was or is instructions available.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

ca_HARTS
Explorer
Explorer
Any special thing to know to adjust or just trial and error?
Thanks

Tom
Tom

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
There should be two 10 MM headed(?) bolts that allow for the adjustment of the switch.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker