cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Workhorse Tow Connector Fuses

TC_Z
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Winn 2007 Voyage on a Workhorse chassis. I'm trying to trouble shoot the tow vehicle's left brake light. The MH brake lights work properly and all other tow lights work properly. The bulb is good. I ohmed out the cable, it is good. Best I can tell there's only one fuse, the "LH Tail", to check, it is good. Assume this one fuse operates both the MH and tow together, right? No fuses are labeled MH tail or tow tail. Just "LH tail" and "RH tail". The fuses I find are all good.

My question is:
Are there separate fuses or breakers for the tow cable lights? If yes, where are they located?
TC&Z
2007 Winn Voyage 38J, gas 8.1L engine
2018 Jeep Cherokee flat tow
3 REPLIES 3

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
I assume the brake lamp is a separate bulb from the turn signal. If that's true, then put a meter on the brake lamp circuit and activate the brakes to ensure power through that wire. If that works, run a separate ground wire to that lamp and re-check. My bet is on a bad ground.....often, it's easier to run a new crossover wire than to trace a broken one, but check the ground first.......Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

1995brave
Nomad
Nomad
Did you check the wiring diagram? Here is the link.

Daboo
Explorer
Explorer
I have an o3 winnie and there is a fuse box under the hood (driver's side)..don't know if your RV is wired the same, but..also be sure the ground is hooked to the right terminal on the plug...good luck.
Served proudly 1957-1965..U.S. Air Force