cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YIKES!!! New Owner

TinCanTee
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Everyone. I've just purchased a 2005 Holiday Rambler Admiral...my first Class A. Just wanted to say Hi and warn the forum that I'm going to have lots of questions and will be depending on you for advice. Over the last couple of decades I've gone from tent to camper (12 ft) to hybrid (23') to Class A (31'). I pick it up next week and will go to a CG that night. I can't wait! Happy camping to all of you.
'05 Holiday Rambler Admiral
11 REPLIES 11

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
I am not a big fan of the "search" option and recommend you ignore this option. If you have a question, ask it! Some will try to belittle you and post a bunch of links to previous topics but mostly you will get real world responses from those who have "been there, done that" and would rather answer than link.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
I am not a big fan of the "search" option and recommend you ignore this option. If you have a question, ask it! Some will try to belittle you and post a bunch of links to previous topics but mostly you will get real world responses from those who have "been there, done that" and would rather answer than link.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.

Big_Blue
Explorer
Explorer
We are on our first trip right now. 2008 Winnebago Destination. Twenty years ago was our last year tenting. Since then, we have gone through two pop-up tent trailers, a travel trailer and the last six seasons in a fifth wheel.

Take time to bond with your coach. Sleep in it in the driveway. Get used of all the controls and switches. Best I can tell there is two switch redundancy for most critical systems. Then short drives to nowhere and return. Then longer drives through familiar and one-off routes. My one-off route includes an old iron bridge with a one truck at a time restrictions. (bridge replacement starts this fall)

And now we are on our first trip to a nearby KOA. It gets better with every mile. Never get casual or cocky while driving. Enjoy the trip even more with deliberate heads-up patience.
Bob & Patty Smith
both USAF Retired

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Welcome and ... We like questions but a recommendation.

Before you ask .. Do both a Forum search and a general GOOGLE search. You may find 1001 threads already exist (It does seem some topics keep popping up every week).

One other suggestion: IF you hire an electrician to install a special outlet for your RV at home.. Have him put in a 50 amp outlet... NOT a 30, then use a dogbone adapter if your RV is 30...

Why: One of those topics that for a while was popping up every year was about how the electrician made a little mistake and blew all the electronics when they installed a 30 amp outlet.. Not so many on 50 amps. (like perhaps 1 or 2 in several years).
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Beltone_Magoo
Explorer
Explorer
You can also get a lot of info on the Yahoo Monacoers group.
Good luck and safe travels!
Doug & Connie
2001 Holiday Rambler Imperial
2001 Subaru Forester toad

TinCanTee
Explorer
Explorer
twins89 wrote:
Just remember that you can find a lot of answers and helpful information by doing a search with a few words, "black tank," dumping" "walmart" come to mind. Welcome and best wishes on the new rig. See the FAQs too.

Hey Twins! I just noticed. Are you saying I can dump my black tank at the Walmart??????

:B

TinCanTee
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all for your welcomes. I've been lurking on the forum for a while and have used the search function a lot. This isn't my first forum so I am all too familiar with the negative people that sometimes offer their spew. Of course, Bill is the final word of advice :B and I appreciate the offer from an owner for advice. See you all around the board.

nwrandski
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome. We just traded our Holiday Rambler Admiral. We had many good years in that coach - with very few problems. Enjoy your Class A 🙂 Let me know if you have any questions.
Tim & Cindy
2014 Tiffin Phaeton 40QBH
We very much enjoy our travels and meeting new people
Both still working FT - on the road when we can be
Former Army (7 Years) and Persian Gulf Veteran

See you out there!

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome to RV.Net, it's smart to take your coach on short trips at first to learn how everything works.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Welcome! All questions are welcome and answered. Be aware that some answers are going to be wrong to be sure to listen to the majority voice.
You might even ask a question that causes the "haters" to chime in and rather than answer your question will attack you or the entire premise of your post. These folks just can't help themselves and you need to filter these posts out and not allow them to discourage you in any manner.
If you always accept MY posts as gospel you will also do very well!:p
Many of us have been RVing for many years and have no agenda. You will learn who these folks are and you will pretty quickly be able to separate the wheat from the chaff.

twins89
Explorer
Explorer
Just remember that you can find a lot of answers and helpful information by doing a search with a few words, "black tank," dumping" "walmart" come to mind. Welcome and best wishes on the new rig. See the FAQs too.
Western New Yorkers with a Westie
2000 F350 DRW 7.3 PSD crew cab
2010 Jayco Designer 37rlqs