cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Sous Vide chefs here?

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have been using a home built controller with a crock pot for a few years.

We really like it. Double cut pork chops come out perfectly and evenly cooked. Never dried out. Thick Cut Sirloin steaks which can be chewy are tender after four hours at 133. Best chicken breast you have ever had.

Right now the new Anova Sous Vide immersion heater is offering a $50 off code on their website. Code is luvdad.

I hope I get one for Fathers Day. This type allows you to use any vessel you have like a small or large pot or even a large Polycarbonate bin to cook a brisket or roast.

It also talks to your iphone with an app.

I am not associated with Anova in any way. Just a cook who loves Sous Vide cooking
trying to pass on a deal.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.
12 REPLIES 12

Nuke-E
Explorer
Explorer
I've been using the original Anova cooker for about a year now. It gets used several times a week, usually with the kitchen sink holding the water.
2004 Showhauler on Volvo VNL chassis
2005 Mazda 6s 5-door MTX

RVnerds.com

scubastu
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry, I hate auto correct.

Just picked up my new Anova from the border last week. Used it on the weekend to see how it would work. GREAT, easy to use.

scubastu
Explorer
Explorer
Just picked up my new Anova from the blade last week. Used it on the weekend to see how it would work. GREAT, easy to use.

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
Thanks for the info--- I too have been using my home made crock pot controller for a few years and have had good results.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
Pangaea Ron wrote:
I have friends that have become "evangelical" about this cooking method, and they're from Texas where appropriately cooked beef is a religion.

Well, it's so simple and you get great results. I have done short ribs for 48 hours, fish at one hour is perfect. The best, juiciest hamburgs you have ever tasted.

Pangaea_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
I have friends that have become "evangelical" about this cooking method, and they're from Texas where appropriately cooked beef is a religion.
2008 Itasca SunCruiser 35L
2014 Honda AWD CR-V EX-L

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
We love it. The only reason I posted was I am too cheap to pay $179 for the new Anova. Don't buy the original unit. It's $100 off but doesn't talk to your iPhone

I wanted to pass the $50 savings code on.

Sous Vide is great for camping. You can do a bunch of chicken legs together for 3-5 hours then finish them off on the grill for ten minutes whenever you want.

Takes the pain out of cooking for unpredictable kids and drunks. .

lizzie
Explorer
Explorer
How would Spam do in the sous vide cooker? I haven't found any way yet to make it edible. lizzie

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thank you.

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
Pangaea Ron wrote:
I like the concept, and want to try it.

I usually grill my meat on indirect heat until the desired internal temp is reached, and then sear on a very hot grill or with a blow-torch (or both) to get the correct searing.

I do too. With a tender cut not much difference. The cool thing about Sous Vide is you can let your steaks set in there at 133 for 2-4 hours then take them out and finish them.

I have been so frustrated cooking for a group, putting some nice strips on then having something come up and you either can't finish the steaks or over cook them.

With Sous Vide you can let them sit there until everyone is ready.

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
Having just spent over 500 bucks on new camping sleeping accessories (insert fainting icon here) I may not look at new kitchen toys no matter HOW much I want one:(.

Pangaea_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
I like the concept, and want to try it.

I usually grill my meat on indirect heat until the desired internal temp is reached, and then sear on a very hot grill or with a blow-torch (or both) to get the correct searing.
2008 Itasca SunCruiser 35L
2014 Honda AWD CR-V EX-L