cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Biscuit Waffles

Wanderlost
Nomad II
Nomad II
I got this from a novel, and thought it was worth a try. It's surprisingly good.

3 eggs
1 T. milk
¼ cup finely shredded cheese (I use the four cheese Mexican blend)
Fresh cracked pepper
1 tube refrigerator biscuits

Preheat the waffle iron.

Mix the eggs, milk and pepper. Scramble on stovetop at medium low heat (I used cast iron, so needed a little grease in it. If your non-stick is really high quality, you may not need grease at all.) When the scrambled eggs are still a little wet, remove from heat and mix in the cheese.

Butterfly open each biscuit (split in half but don't separate halves). Add some egg/cheese mixture, then close and seal the edges.

Put a biscuit in each waffle shape (how many depends on your waffle iron's shape). Close gently (don't smash it) and cook for one minute. NOW smash it closed and cook for two minutes.

Serve warm with a side meat of your choice. Syrup is optional...

Servings: as many as there were biscuits in that particular tube.
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat
Rainbow Bridge: Spotacus, Alexander the Grrreat, and so very many more
2 REPLIES 2

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Hmmm. Sounds good and fun too.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sounds good!
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus