1 lb sausage
2 1/4 cups Bisquick
2/3 cup milk
1 cup shredded cheese
6 eggs
1/2 cup milk
Salt
Pepper
1 packet cream gravy mix (makes 2 cups gravy)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x13 baking dish.

Brown sausage on stove top. Drain if necessary. Set aside.

Mix Bisquick and 2/3 cup milk. Roll out as though you're making biscuits, but instead of cutting rounds, slice into one inch cubes. Place cubes in dish, leaving a slight space between each. If you have leftover cubes, set aside.

Beat eggs with 1/2 cup milk, adding a pinch of salt and pepper.

Make cream gravy according to package directions.

Layer sausage on top of biscuit cubes. Layer cheese on top of sausage. Pour egg mixture evenly on top of cheese. Place any leftover biscuit cubes at regular intervals atop egg mixture. Pour gravy evenly over the top.

Bake 30-45 minutes, depending upon how hot your oven operates. Serve warm.

Refrigerate leftovers and reheat in microwave.

Naturally, you can make your biscuits and cream gravy from scratch, and you can use whatever kind of meat appeals (or none at all). We actually did not have enough sausage, so we cooked up some hash browns and mixed them with the sausage, and it's fine.

Next time, I'm going to simply spread the biscuit dough in one piece across the bottom of the pan, then not include the eggs, just to see if the biscuit dough will absorb more of the gravy and hold the casserole together.

It tastes great and will be our one of our breakfast choices when the crowd is here.
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat
Rainbow Bridge: Spotacus, Alexander the Grrreat, and so very many more
14 REPLIES 14

Ohiojude
Explorer
Explorer
Oh this sounds good and I will be making this Christmas morning. The whole family will be together and I was wondering what to do for breakfast! Thank you for sharing.
2015 Chevy 3500 LTZ diesel dually, Curt Q20 Hitch
**traded in-the lemon- 2012 Winnie Raven 5th Wheel**
for a marvelous-2014 Big Country 3596RE
Traveling with 3 wonderful Feline Furboys Milo, Mason and Mozart

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer
I had to quit reading some of these posts because of the chest pains.

I wonder if Heinz makes cream gravy in glass jars? (Their beef or mushroom gravy is surprisingly good. I brown four ground sirloin patties and some sliced onions, then simmer it for a while in the gravy.)

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
Trying to talk wife in to going west from Fl this March. Go across bottom through Big D over to Az hit the Canyon head north to Pt Townsend, god I love that place. Wife wants to see Hoover Dam she is into engineering projects. Not an engineer probably should have been, she is an accountant. Damn those and engineers drive me mad. She alphabetizes the spices in cabinets. I stir them up for s&&ts and grins.

I think we will go to NO in Feb or Mar for a couple days. We'll be not far from Pensacola in the Santa Rosa Fl area. If we do I'll PM and give you our cell number.

Wanderlost wrote:
bigred1cav wrote:
Wanderlost. what is the furthest East you visit?

Your recipe looks good. I like Bob Evans Sausage Gravy on Home Fries. What affect do you think a couple hand fulls of Home Fries would have on your dish?

If you get to Ohio let me know. You know me from elsewhere and I would certainly like to salute you and meet you and our spouse.

We only had a bit of sausage, so WLToo threw in some hash browns. Seems to me home fries would do just as well.

As for going east, we lived in Virginia for many years and traveled all up and down that coast. By now, we've visited every state except Alaska, and that's on next year's list.

If you ever decide to head southwest, stop by. We'll "fry" somthing in the Big Easy, drink mass quantities of cold something, and trade recipes. :W

Wanderlost
Nomad
Nomad
bigred1cav wrote:

Your recipe looks good. I like Bob Evans Sausage Gravy on Home Fries. What affect do you think a couple hand fulls of Home Fries would have on your dish?

If you get to Ohio let me know. You know me from elsewhere and I would certainly like to salute you and meet you and our spouse.

We only had a bit of sausage, so WLToo threw in some hash browns. Seems to me home fries would do just as well.

As for going east, we lived in Virginia for many years and traveled all up and down that coast. By now, we've visited every state except Alaska, and that's on next year's list.

If you ever decide to head southwest, stop by. We'll "fry" somthing in the Big Easy, drink mass quantities of cold something, and trade recipes. :W
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Czarny, black cat

SWMO
Explorer
Explorer
Sacrilegious or not we like the white gravy available at Walmart in the institutional bags. I use a kitchen scale to measure what ever I need to make cups of gravy.
For sausage gravy we just fry up 8 oz and add to 2 or 3 cups of gravy.
2009 Dodge 3500 Laramie, DRW, 4X4, auto, 6.7L, B & W Companion.
Jayco Designer 34RLQS, Mor/Ryde

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer

Wanderlost
Nomad
Nomad
Go for it, Dave.

Czarny, black cat

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
Why is the power of suggestion so strong? I am sooooo craving some biscuits and gravy.
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

Mountain_Mama
Explorer
Explorer
A friend shared this recipe with me this week but her's called for cresent rolls as the base (not taken apart). Baked 4-5 minutes first & then added the other ingredients & cooked again to melt cheese & finish cooking crust...I've not tried it, but I'm like some others...Think I'll stick to biscuits & gravy. I might change my mind if I tried it, but just doesn't sound appetizing to me!
2003 Holiday Rambler Alumascape 34RLT

heaterswa
Explorer
Explorer
I make biscuits and sausage gravy quite a bit, my daughters love them. So I made this recipe today and it went over well too, but they said they would prefer the egg casserole vs the biscuit and gravy casserole. Needless to say there were very few leftovers.

For this one, I used a can of Pillsbury biscuits and tore them up into pieces. Everything else as the original posting. It was good and would be made again.

-Bryan
Me, Wife, 3 daughters, and a woof woof
TV: 06 GMC 2500HD D/A SLT 4WD / Prodigy / Reese Signature 18K
FW: 07 KZ Durango 315BH / Fifth Airborne / Sidewinder / JT Strong Arm Stabilizers

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
Since nobody knows my real name on here, I'll cop to using Chefmate Sausage gravy in #10 cans, Ball freezer safe pint jars, and 24 to a tray prebaked biscuits from Sam's. Is it as good as homemade? No, but I'll trade that for nearly immediate gratification and the ability to take it to go in my MH.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Sounds good........but think I'll pass on the cheese.

Don't get me wrong.....I love cheese---real mouse at heart.

But on biscuits & gravy? Purest when it comes to my biscuits :B
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Wanderlost
Nomad
Nomad
Just as good, Dave.

Czarny, black cat

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
But was it better than legit biscuits and gravy?
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk