Did you mean:ย 

Camp Chef Explorer 2

Ole_Man_Dan
Explorer
Explorer
I camp a lot... Retired.
I also cook on our patio all the time.

I bought a Camp Chef Explorer 2 stove from Gander Mountain. $109.00
Burners put out 30,000 BTU. each... (Lots of heat)
Fantastic buy. I have also bought the Camp Chef Professional Flat Top Griddles
#1 is a single burner model about 16" long
#2 is the two burner model. Full length griddle.

This is a great set up for cooking at home or on the road.
The Stove weighs 40 lbs, and is heavy duty. (Removeable legs)
I take it camping if we are going for more than a weekend.
I take a lighter weight griddle when we camp... The heavy stuff stays home.

When we camp I cook outside almost 100% of the time.
Beats the pants off trying to use the tiny coleman type stoves.
6 REPLIES 6

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like a nice bit of goods and the price is certainly right. I've never worked on one but have seen them around the campground:c.

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
It's a reliable and versatile stove. We gave ours to our son when we downsized and he still uses it. For Christmas we bought the smoker/grill box for it and he uses it nearly every day in warm weather. His wife cans their garden veg and she likes how quickly the water will boil.

When we all get together for our family 4th of July, they bring the CC and it does a bang up job of cooking. I've even made a number of Dutch oven main dishes on it using a heat shield - got the idea from old time Dutch oveners:W
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

Ed-N-Dani
Explorer
Explorer
I bought one of these a few years ago to heat up a big aluminum steam box that I bought for making crabs and corn etc. It will take 3 gallons of water to a full boil in 3 or 4 minutes. Tremendous amount of output.

Ed
Please BUY AMERICAN MANUFACTURED PRODUCTS!

fpoole
Explorer
Explorer
Yep, samo=samo on the Camp Chef... have had all 3 of them, at the time, 1-2-3 burner..

Just got the new 2 burner one an luv it... they are great and easier to set up...

fun..
Frank Poole
Roam'n ROG (Full Timer since Oct '15)
2016 RAM 5500, C/c, 6.7 Diesel, AISIN HD 6-spd, 19.5 DRW, 72 Gal fuel, 4x4, 10โ€™ Alum FB, 440 Amps, 4.10 Axle
2016 AF 990 640-Solar/10-6v Batts
GlowStep Stow Nโ€™ Go, E-Bike
RS1 Buggy
frank

Pooles website

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
We really like our Volcano Grill. Got the extra propane attachment and it's great with our cast iron fry pan to fry fish or whatever. The Volcano is also excellent with our dutch oven, and we use that often. The grill is prefect for the two of us, but will also fit meals for 4.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
I see a lot of the Camp Chef stoves used in large group/family camping -reliable and handy. For just herself and myself we found the Weber Q grills meet our needs.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus