cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

CI Storage Question

Need-A-Vacation
Explorer
Explorer
We have a couple cast iron skillets we are going to start carrying in the trailer (recently seasoned- now need to do some cooking on them!!!), along with two of the Camp Chef pro griddles for our 2 burner explorer stove.

How are you fellow members transporting/ storing your ci like this to prevent damage to the seasoning??? I have considered the camp chef storage bags for the griddles, maybe set them next to the outdoor fridge vertically in the small space that's there? Rubbermaid tub/tote large enough an wrap the ci loosely with towels? Not sure where to store the tub though other than the floor by the door....

TY!!!!
Bubba J- '13 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT CCSB 4x4 6.0

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS Mods Reese DC HP

WDH Set Up. How a WDH Works. CAT Scale How To.
2 REPLIES 2

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
We put our DOs under the dinette seat in their own plastic milk crates and layer a section of newspaper between the pot and its lid. The CI fry pan travels in the oven below the stove.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

Wishbone51
Explorer
Explorer
I usually travel with a camp DO, a skillet and a waffle iron.. They each go in different compartments so they don't bang on each other. In the rare case that I bring two skillets, I nest them with a dish towel in between. I have some nice vintage stuff and never had an issue.
2017 Jayco Jay Feather 25BH
2004 Nissan Titan